Arnold Clark - Some Help Please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The main trouble I have had is getting someone to listen; you present people with evidence to make your case as clear as day, yet some still reply with something that has totally gone against the written evidence you have provided! Should people be employed in that capacity if they lack the ability to read the cold hard facts and reply appropriately?

Politicians do it all the time so why not private companies :)

I bought a car last year from AC, biggest mistake of my life. Took it back last Monday for third time this year to be told today that they still haven't diagnosed the problem. When my partner and I dropped the car off last Monday we were told they'd fix it there and then. Two hours, one tired and hungry baby later they'd still done naff all so myself and daughter made our way to the in-laws. Another three hours later they'd still not fixed it. 5.50 they decide to maybe organise us a courtesy car, so after paying the insurance for it ourselves, the service manager takes my boyfriend down to pick the car up and they've closed the place. So he is stuck 20 miles from home with all our gear (we'd had to cut our holiday short) - pram, travel cot, all our clothes etc -and the service manager says "well all I can say is there's a train station down the road", leaves him back at the showroom, gets in his car (having left all our belongings locked in our car which was locked in the garage) and goes home. There is a lot more of incompetant behaviour which I won't bore you with but I am fuming. I've been on Companies House and got addresses for the Directors. They will be getting a letter and if something is not done, I will be following suit.

I bought a car last year from AC, biggest mistake of my life. Took it back last Monday for third time this year to be told today that they still haven't diagnosed the problem. When my partner and I dropped the car off last Monday we were told they'd fix it there and then. Two hours, one tired and hungry baby later they'd still done naff all so myself and daughter made our way to the in-laws. Another three hours later they'd still not fixed it. 5.50 they decide to maybe organise us a courtesy car, so after paying the insurance for it ourselves, the service manager takes my boyfriend down to pick the car up and they've closed the place. So he is stuck 20 miles from home with all our gear (we'd had to cut our holiday short) - pram, travel cot, all our clothes etc -and the service manager says "well all I can say is there's a train station down the road", leaves him back at the showroom, gets in his car (having left all our belongings locked in our car which was locked in the garage) and goes home. There is a lot more of incompetant behaviour which I won't bore you with but I am fuming. I've been on Companies House and got addresses for the Directors. They will be getting a letter and if something is not done, I will be following suit.

Hi Lillies,

Sorry to hear about your situation, that is just shocking. I would advise that you put everything in writing; follow up each phone call with an e-mail or letter to them. When did you buy the car last year?

I am expecting to hear back tomorrow, so will let you know how I get on. :-)

Make this their last chance at a repair. You will now take it to another garage for diagnosis and repair and bill AC. Let them know when you pick the car up that they have their last chance and it will be in the hands of professionals next and the bill will be sent to them.

As said above, put everything in writing. I would suggest that you chronicle everything that has taken place from purchase to now including what was said at the sale.

Guest Arnold Clark Company Rep

Hi,

In response to the post from 'Lillies', I have read the details, and would like to offer assistance, if you can e-mail us on online.customer.services@arnoldclark.co.uk, or contact the office on 0844 815 2129, we would be happy to help if we can?

Regards

Alasdair

Customer Services

• 2 weeks later...
ACSUK=====Tuesday ?????

SEE POST 21

Arnold Clark---Promises delivered or

Arnold Clark---Never Again!!

Hey Scaniaman,

Sorry mate, I was away for a long weekends holiday. I am pleased to report positively in that Alasdair was true to his word and he looked through my case in detail, updating me as he went along and asking questions he needed clarification to.

AC have put something together, and I have written to accept their offer; which will conclude the matter and the car will be returned to them. Mine was quite a complex case, those that I spoke to will understand, and I am delighted that there are good people in the right places within Arnold Clark, who listen to customers and correct and assist where others have ignored.

I will let you know when it has all been done & dusted; I know quite a few had sent me PM's, if you have any questions please drop me a line however like I said I won't disclose any additional details regarding the settlement. :)

Good result ACSUK. According to other AC complaint websites you are lucky that they are taking the motor back.

Most punters can't return car and get a cash refund.

I was approached yestreen by a guy in supermarket car park, who was intrigued by my sign. He had a lot of hassle with AC over a car hed bought from them, and the only way he got shot of them was to take a replacement car but at a higher price than his first one. Good [problem].

His reason for not dealing with AC in future was their attitude. In his words they were nicey nicey until they got his money and when problems arose they treated him like what the dug left on the kerb.

How many more folk could tell the same story.:!:

Good result ACSUK. According to other AC complaint websites you are lucky that they are taking the motor back.

Most punters can't return car and get a cash refund.

I was approached yestreen by a guy in supermarket car park, who was intrigued by my sign. He had a lot of hassle with AC over a car hed bought from them, and the only way he got shot of them was to take a replacement car but at a higher price than his first one. Good [problem].

His reason for not dealing with AC in future was their attitude. In his words they were nicey nicey until they got his money and when problems arose they treated him like what the dug left on the kerb.

How many more folk could tell the same story.:!:

I can sympathise, until I had spoken to the right person it was extremely difficult and frustating to say the least! However, I have had some faith restored that if there is a genuine issue that the company will take notice, it just may take a while.

Personally I think it wouldn't hurt AC to employ a couple more customer-focussed people within the company (possible even some that come from a non-motor trade background), as when the right person looked at my case he took ownership of it until he could come back with a resolution, calling a couple of times to keep me updated.

The company could seriously increase their feedback if they had more people like Alasdair within the business. From my case, I can imagine just how much information he would have had to go through; there is no way 1 man can take on everyones problems (if AC think he can they should pay him more!).

Congratulations ACSUK. It's good to read that at least one person has had their complaint upheld. You are most fortunate being able to speak to Alisdair Craig directly. As per a previous post, phone contact with the customer services dept. resulted in a young guy saying that Alasdair Craig did not take phone calls from Joe Public.

From what other complainants have said, you are the only one to have protracted discussions with the company.

Now, call me a cynical buzger if you like, but you were on the verge of going to court, complete with full documentation etc etc. This was at a time which coincided with the shamefull story in the Sunday Post about the van man. I surmise that Clark thought it better to deal amicably with you to save the further humilation of another newspaper story. This way any bad mouthing is contained within this website.

I agree that these things take time, so we will just have to wait and see if anyone else has their considerable grievances with Arnold Clark resolved.

Well, that's over four weeks past since i wrote my complaint to Mr. Craig and still nothing heard from them.

ACSUK, You said your lawyer had had success in the past against arnold clark, so do you think she would be interested in taking on my case?

Any chance you can PM me on how to make contact with lawyer? Thanks in advance.

Hey Scaniaman,

Sorry mate, I was away for a long weekends holiday. I am pleased to report positively in that Alasdair was true to his word and he looked through my case in detail, updating me as he went along and asking questions he needed clarification to.

AC have put something together, and I have written to accept their offer; which will conclude the matter and the car will be returned to them. Mine was quite a complex case, those that I spoke to will understand, and I am delighted that there are good people in the right places within Arnold Clark, who listen to customers and correct and assist where others have ignored.

I will let you know when it has all been done & dusted; I know quite a few had sent me PM's, if you have any questions please drop me a line however like I said I won't disclose any additional details regarding the settlement. :)

Seems they got what they were after - a public withdrawl and a chuck up.

Lepards don't change spots.

• 3 months later...