Help needed re Interest only mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really hope somebody can help us.

I will give you the background....

We own an apartment (have a repayment mortgage) and I am having to relocate to another city with my job. We will be renting in the other city and applied to our bank to put our current existing mortgage onto interest only (we have the flat up for sale and have already dropped the price by £16k, can't sell as there are so many apartments round here) so we are looking at renting our flat out.

When we rang the bank last week, we gave them all our outgoings etc...and they said we fit the criteria to go to interest only.

We explained the situation to them, that we will have to pay for rent AND our mortgage and can't afford both etc...

Now we have been told that our application has been denied, on the basis that we CAN afford it. The only thing they can do for us is to extend the term of the mortgage so that it will be slightly cheaper (still can't afford this payment, it is only £70.00 less than we pay now, the interest only was over £300 less).

Is there anything we can do about this? We have all the stress about moving house, jobs and now this.

I told them we can afford to make monthly payments of £420.00 or we will cancel the DD. No help whatsoever.

My partner has been a customer of theirs for over 20 years, and we are at our wits end with this.

Please help...