NoLolly needs help with Littlewoods Group - 4 catalogues in arrears

nololly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Erm......... they did produce a CCA for the new loan agreement. But I was pushed into it, I basically was reduced to tears and said, well I have no choice really do I, to which I was told NO YOU DONT. I just want to know if they can make me pay any more than £10 a month. What Im trying to establish is, if Ive sent in an income and expenditure sheet showing my incomings and outgoings, are they supposed to accept it, and accept my £10 a month, as they are saying this has to be submitted by a third party debt management company and not me. They are basically saying they dont accept it from me. Im just not sure where I stand. ?

They can't force you to pay anything :) If £10/month is all you can afford then its tough luck for them. Taking you to Court won't acheive anything either as no Judge would make you pay more than you could afford. If it was me i would just say to them take it or leave it.

Thank you so much. I will stick to my guns and keep paying the £10 a month and tell them to like it or lump it, (politely of course). Just one last question, can they still keep adding interest and charges to the balance every month though, because thats what theyre doing. I have charges still being applied to the account every month, for a) insufficient min payment due £12 charge and b) late payment charge £12. So about £24 a month going on in charges alone. Can I keep pushing to claim these back from them them applied to the account, and if so, how do I stop them from just keeping applying charges every month, even after I have claimed back the charges, they will still keep on applying them month on month. Aghghghg. I just cant believe their stupidity in all of this.

• 3 months later...

Hi all, thought I would update you with the latest on this. All four shopdirect Accounts I have. They have come up a signed CCA on Littlewoods, Kays and Additions Direct, but only signed agreements once they had been converted into loans, and were no longer the catalogue accounts. So Im assuming now that all are enforceable. The Littlewoods debt has been sold to Capquest, who are now harrassing me, even though I stuck to my payment arrangement of only paying Littlewods £10 a month online. They refused to accept my offer of £10 a month and have sold it onto Capquest anyway.

The debt to Littlewoods is about £1700 but they owe me over £600 back in charges. I tried explaining this to Capquest,but they werent interested. I also told capquest I had been paying £10 a month to Littlewoods and that the account was in dispute and thus couldnt be passed to them. Again, they were not interested. Any idea what my next step is on the Littlewoods one, as that seems the most urgent. Im going to make offers of £10 a month on the other two accounts that they have signed CCA's for. I think that sounds fair.

Any input anybody ???

• 6 months later...

I need help too. I am paying VERY what the CCCS have suggested on a regular basis, but they have now sent me a default notice! I opened my account with them in 2007 when they were Littlewoods direct. I am beside myself and dont know what to do? I was always a good payer and it is not my fault that I lost my job!! Where do I go from here, can someone please advise asap?

Many thanks

Hi Pulse 90,

Ignore what the CCCS said, and work to your own offer. They can default you for not paying the min payment on time, after 3 months, but they cant enforce a county court judgement against unless you ignore it. But in your case you are dealing with them and have been paying so continue to pay what you can afford. Can I suggest you send them a letter with a breakdown of your financial status, incomings and outgoings, and make them an offer, a solid one that you know you can stick to, and stick to it.

I need to know a little more to help you.

Have you had any charges on this account i.e. late payment fees, missed payments etc, because you can claim these back through the court if necessary to get the account balance reduced.

if you can give me a little more background Im happy to try to help. Im dealing with them myself, and have refused to deal over the phone, revoking all their rights to call me, and will only deal with them in writing. So far they have honoured that. They didnt at first, but once I told them I no longer had a land line, mobile etc. then they started contacting me via letter, which is always better because its less pressure on you.

Just remember youre in charge, not them. Make a good solid off of what you can legitimately afford to pay every month, set up a standing order to them if you have to in order that you dont forget, but if you can only afford £10 a month, then only pay £10 a month. Can I ask, what the balance is, and how much of that is made up with charges etc.