Spanish Finance company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, my friend bought a timeshare in goa, india...when signing up out there it was made clear that there would be zero interest on the cost and she would be written to by the finance company when back in the uk. However when the finance company did get in touch she could see that the interest rate was high (4000 euros for a 7000 euro loan). also the cost of her taking a holiday is extortionate. these figures are completely different to what they advised her at the time of sale. sha doesn't have any financial paperwork from india though, only a credit agreement from this finance company who are based in spain. it doesn't have the interest rate on it, and doesn't look like a usual credit agreement.

has anyone got any suggestions about what she can do? or contact?

many thanks

Cap One refunded £112

MBNA refunded £567

Prove it letter if your friend hasn't signed anything stating them interest rates then they have nothing.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

She should have been given all the details, including financial details, of the contract in writing at the time of sale. I take it she hasn't signed anything from the Spanish Finance Company so she can simply tell them the contract wasn't properly executed under European Law and she will not be purchasing the time share - end of. She is protected by European Law but I am afraid if she paid a deposit she has probably lost it.

there is no need to spend more money on SAR What are they going to send there isn't anything.

Just write to the finance company stating what Pinky has said above, no properly executed agreement no debt and no worries.

Obviously explain to them the whole story.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.