Capquest Debt Assignment from Cahoot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

First time I have posted to this forum, although it has been a great forum to help me through my BR. Fantastic advice and up to date information, so thank you all for a really helpful resource.

Now here is my current problem which has lead me to finally post.

I was discharged from BR in November 2009. I have just got round t getting my credit reports from the 3 agencies and they were much as I expected so I started to compose and send my letters to the various companies (together with my discharge notice) to get my credit reports updated.

I noticed one Default which I did not recognize which was from Capquest and this also had only appeared on my credit report in December 2009, one month after my Discharge.

After investigation I found that this Debt was from Cahoot (Abbey National) and the Status for the Cahoot debt was DA (Debt assignment). The one from Capquest matches all the details, amount, date of Account Opened so it is definitely the Cahoot Debt which was included in my BR and looks to have been sold on to Capquest.

I have written the standard letter to Cahoot to update my Credit Reports and I have also sent a CCA recorded delivery to Capquest. I have only done both of these today.

The concern I have is that now I have gone through BR and been discharged I am going to appear in Default again straight after and I also need to know if Capquest have a legal right to put a default against my credit report for a Debt that was originally included in my BR?

What other actions would you suggest I do to clear this from my Credit report. Surely this cannot be legal. By the way, I have receive no letters or contact from Capquest at all.

Thanx

Edited by seamark
Does not look right with Font information

Hi

First time I have posted to this forum, although it has been a great forum to help me through my BR. Fantastic advice and up to date information, so thank you all for a really helpful resource.

Now here is my current problem which has lead me to finally post.

I was discharged from BR in November 2009. I have just got round t getting my credit reports from the 3 agencies and they were much as I expected so I started to compose and send my letters to the various companies (together with my discharge notice) to get my credit reports updated.

I noticed one Default which I did not recognize which was from Capquest and this also had only appeared on my credit report in December 2009, one month after my Discharge.

After investigation I found that this Debt was from Cahoot (Abbey National) and the Status for the Cahoot debt was DA (Debt assignment). The one from Capquest matches all the details, amount, date of Account Opened so it is definitely the Cahoot Debt which was included in my BR and looks to have been sold on to Capquest.

I have written the standard letter to Cahoot to update my Credit Reports and I have also sent a CCA recorded delivery to Capquest. I have only done both of these today.

The concern I have is that now I have gone through BR and been discharged I am going to appear in Default again straight after and I also need to know if Capquest have a legal right to put a default against my credit report for a Debt that was originally included in my BR?

What other actions would you suggest I do to clear this from my Credit report. Surely this cannot be legal. By the way, I have receive no letters or contact from Capquest at all.

Thanx

Contact the OR, this was what you paid your fee for, advise him of the enforcement action and let him deal with them