DLC haved refused my I/E because of my dog - Its a citi card

Honeypot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My life is so **** at the moment. I see no point in living anymore. A new letter today from Hilsden-

DLC have refused my I&E payment offer because I have included my dog in the essential outgoings. He is a ridgeback so he eats quite a bit and so it costs a bit.

They have told me that it isnt a legal outgoing and I will have to take him to a shelter if I cant afford my debts as its a luxury.

Please can anyone tell me if this is this true?

Vicky

xxxx

Outrageous!!!

I wonder if DLC would like to meet my Rottweiler?

Perhaps they would like to pop round and attempt to take her bone away...GRRRRRR

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you go through 3 stages in this game-or at least I have found this to be true

1.terror when the threats start rolling in

2.find debt section on CAG and start tackling them at their own game

3.total out and out boredom at their puerile rantings that it doesn't even register on the give-a-toss-ometer any more

3.total out and out boredom at their puerile rantings that it doesn't even register on the give-a-toss-ometer any more

So true, so very, very true!

:)

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

DLC, as per usual are talking utter:

What your dog does in the garden or;

out: walkies!

They love to scare people;

We've heard it all...

the lady is was terrified because she believed the threat:

the bailiffs were going to take her persian cat.

the single parent who after fillig up an I&E was told that she clearly did not have enough food to feed her chuldren. Therefore they were going to report her to social services.

These are simply just scare tactics!

Bloddy idiots they make me sick; frightening vulnerable people...

In my OH case DLC latest threat was 'we have made inquiries with the Land Registry and found that you are a home owner, you must ring us'

So what ! - their threats are just so laughable :-)

Do not talk to them on the phone & never ever RING THEM.

Your in the right place now you've found CAG

Beachy

omg are they STILL up to tricks like this???

seriously, ignore them, don't ring them, only contact them in writing, they are a bunch of badly trained muppets who once told me they would send the police round if I didnt up my payments as being in debt was a criminal offence (it isnt btw!)

I have done this and now have 3 YEARS worth of letters stating they are still waiting for a copy of my agreement and the original T&C's from the OC

the latest one had a nice explanation that due to a recent court ruling even though they couldn't pursue me whilst the paperwork was outstanding the amount was still payable

they seem to have forgotten that they still haven't sent me the OC's statements either (which was in my original request lol)

I'll remind them of that if they do actually find the original T&C's (oh and let them know an application form does NOT constitute a Credit Agreement!) that point is important as I am trying to ascertain if its from MY old credit card (which wasn't with MNBA) or my Ex Husbands Credit card (which was!)

claim v natwest WON!

all posts made by myself are without prejudice

Well isn't this just typical. Here is somebody trying honestly to sort something out and the greedy gits just want more. Well it just backfired on them big time.

When I was on my DMP with CCCS, I had two cats and two rabbits at the time and the expenditure was never questioned. It is highly unlikely that a Judge would agree with this shower.

You've already received some good advice and if you take heed of it you will find yourself back in control.

Good luck, and don't let the [edit]s grind you down.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hi Honeypot,

Tell them you need your dog so it can bite them if you ever bump in to them.

While you have all of this new found free time, due to not calling them, have a read of this thread: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca.html and you will see just what powerless muppets these DCA idiots are. Also search for threads and posts made by Fuzzybobble.

As others have said, keep your spirits up and given another couple of weeks you'll be stronger and helping new CAGers out who have similar issues as you're having now.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

OUtrageous behaviour, it just shows that all of the waffle spouted by the CSA about the Debt Collection Industry cleaning up its act is just that....waffle.

HP nobody, not anyone, has the right to impose their opinions on you, only a judge can decide what is and isn't acceptable on an I&E form.

Take control, no phone calls and post any replies to your letters on here before doing anything else. Put the thieving swine back into their box

Honeypot,

I hope you're feeling better now.I was feeling pretty low myself, then I found this wonderful site.It's an amazing feeling to know that people we have never met, and may never meet,are thinking of us and supporting us.Take the time to read all the messages of help/support from the great people here, and it will give you the confidence and knowledge to take DLC on.Don't be frightened or intimidated by them.Every single one of us are behind you.Good luck with your case.As I said, keep us posted.

Regards

Signaller :-)

The more direct approach always works wonders too. After giving Ruthbridge the legal position about why they would never get a penny off me, they persisted. So in my next letter I decided to use their own tactics and told them to p*ss off - it worked!:lol:

I'm really sorry to hear that those idiots have made you feel upset. They cannot take your dog away or make anyone else order you to. As others have already said keep to writing only, do not answer the phone to them or call them and if anyone visits do not answer the door.

Don't feel bad as we are all in the same boat, only pay what you can afford.

:

"... they have told me that it isnt a legal outgoing and I will have to take him to a shelter if I cant afford my debts as its a luxury."

If you have that in writing, I would bring the matter to the attention of the media/press;

your local MP;

CAB etc.....they would have a field day with it!

At a time when rescue homes are bursting at the seams and;

a massive amount of people are in debt.

DLC are suggesting that Consumers put their beloved pets into animal shelters.

This is by far the most outrageous suggestion that I have heard yet!

And Hillesden/DLC wish to makes matters worse for charities such as the RSPCA etc.

What law is it that states feeding a dog is not a legal outgoing?

There are many reasons as to why people have dogs;

guide dogs

guard dogs

dogs for the disabled

companion dogs etc...

Shame on you Hillesden/DLC part of the Faccenda (chicken company) Group.

can you post up what you are saying is the enforceable cca please

i cant find a thread where this is showing anywhere.

who told you it was enforceable anyhow?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...