cheltenham and gloucester

fox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a mortgage with Cheltenham and Gloucester in 2002 it was a 5 year term and the first 3 years were discounted. I paid it off after 3 and a bit years and had to pay an early redemption fee/penalty.

I understand that the C and G will have lost out on interest that I would otherwise have paid if I kept the mortgage but I am sure they will have either invested the lump sum I paid back or lent it to someone else so I do not see how they could have suffered any actual loss or costs.

Is it possible that this type of charge is a penalty and covered by the same rules as bank charges in which case could I claim it back and has anyone else claimed back this type of charge and won.

I took out a mortgage with Cheltenham and Gloucester in 2002 it was a 5 year term and the first 3 years were discounted. I paid it off after 3 and a bit years and had to pay an early redemption fee/penalty.

I understand that the C and G will have lost out on interest that I would otherwise have paid if I kept the mortgage but I am sure they will have either invested the lump sum I paid back or lent it to someone else so I do not see how they could have suffered any actual loss or costs.

Is it possible that this type of charge is a penalty and covered by the same rules as bank charges in which case could I claim it back and has anyone else claimed back this type of charge and won.

A few are trying all at different stages.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi There this was posted by someone else. Interesting reading. It's worth going for. I'm chasing BBBsc and Halifax over ERC.

3. A term in a mortgage agreement which requires the borrower to pay more for breaching the contract terms than actual costs and losses caused to the lender by the breach (or a genuine pre-estimate of that) is likely to be regarded as an unfair penalty and to be unenforceable both at common law and (in a consumer mortgage) under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations. A redemption charge may be regarded as a penalty even if it is expressed as the price for exercising a right rather than a consequence of breaking the agreement.

Gary

Prelim letter sent 08/ 08/06 for £663 ( Halifax )

letter from Halifax rec 09/08/06 std reply

LBA sent 23/08/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) form sent 11/08/06 yorkshire bank

Rec letter asking for certified id

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) form sent 11/08/06 capital one

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) form sent 11/08/06 halifax ( chq cashed 17/08/06 )

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) form sent 12/08/06 Barclays

letter from Barclays rec 17/08/09

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) form sent again 18/08/06 Barclays

Rec statements from Barclays 19/08:-) prelim sent for £650 23/08/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) form sent BBBSC 21/08/06 ( ERC )

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) form sent Halifax 21/08/06 ( ERC )( chq cashed 24/08/06 )

• 2 weeks later...