Close Motor Finance Repo Car

Gearboxy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new to this so please bear with me and point me in the right direction if I'm posting in the wrong place.:confused:

On the 10th Feb 2 men from Close motor finance (CMF) (or their collection agency) came to my house to collect my son's car, as he was out I called him and they explained that CMF had closed his agreement and they wanted the car or full payment of £6800 ish.

They couldn't have the car because it was in the garage being repaired under the insurance after being skidded in to by a lorry in the snow.

They agreed to wait until the car had been repaired, in the mean time my son called CMF to find out what was going on, evidently he is a bit behind with the payments and had called them on the 5th Feb to arrange late payment, the CMF office agreed to his payment being a week late. CMF office deny this conversation ever took place and were adamant that they want the car back.

As the car was on a personal plate my son had the plate placed on retention and was waiting for the new V5C to arrive, the collection agency agreed to wait until this arrived.

However, on 17th Feb they rang again and said that CMF were adamant that the car had to be collected and they duly came yesterday and took it without the V5 registration documents.

2 days ago a letter came from CMF giving my son until the 24th Feb to bring his payments up to date!

As far as I'm aware no default notice was issued, and how can they be allowed to collect before the date stated in their own letter.

The car is less than a third paid for. My son lost his job before Christmas and has had trouble keeping up the payments, I have made several for him and even offered to take on the payments for him. CMF didn't want to know!

Where do we go from here?

I think that what they have done may be dodgy, could someone please advise me on what I have to do next

Gearboxy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

I'm no expert, have looked a similar threads in the forum, there are several about repossession, you could also do a google search of CAG forums, type this into a Google search "close motor finance"site:consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Edited by old_andrew2007
added info

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

I'm new to this so please bear with me and point me in the right direction if I'm posting in the wrong place.:confused:

On the 10th Feb 2 men from Close motor finance (CMF) (or their collection agency) came to my house to collect my son's car, as he was out I called him and they explained that CMF had closed his agreement and they wanted the car or full payment of £6800 ish.

They couldn't have the car because it was in the garage being repaired under the insurance after being skidded in to by a lorry in the snow.

They agreed to wait until the car had been repaired, in the mean time my son called CMF to find out what was going on, evidently he is a bit behind with the payments and had called them on the 5th Feb to arrange late payment, the CMF office agreed to his payment being a week late. CMF office deny this conversation ever took place and were adamant that they want the car back.

As the car was on a personal plate my son had the plate placed on retention and was waiting for the new V5C to arrive, the collection agency agreed to wait until this arrived.

However, on 17th Feb they rang again and said that CMF were adamant that the car had to be collected and they duly came yesterday and took it without the V5 registration documents.

2 days ago a letter came from CMF giving my son until the 24th Feb to bring his payments up to date!

As far as I'm aware no default notice was issued, and how can they be allowed to collect before the date stated in their own letter.

The car is less than a third paid for. My son lost his job before Christmas and has had trouble keeping up the payments, I have made several for him and even offered to take on the payments for him. CMF didn't want to know!

Where do we go from here?

I think that what they have done may be dodgy, could someone please advise me on what I have to do next

Gearboxy

i just read this i got a 2009 plate hyosung gt comet on finance with cmf and they messed me about i didnt get a copy of my agreement for 6months and i didnt get a log book for it till 8months and then i found out that it had 4 keepers befor me and it stated on the agreement that i would be the first so i rang them up and they demanded a payment and that i should see the dealer but i was miss sold the bike and the finance so i seeked aid from my solicitor and was told to make no more payments i had payed over half and they came and tuck the bike away even tho under part of the agreement if i had payed more that a third they couldnt under my wish`s so i lost my job and everything so i rang the financial ombusman and told them and they sorted it all for me i got all my money back i payed that was payments charges and to top it all off i got £6000

for loss of earnings from them. i think u should give them a try. it worked for me it might work for your son

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I know this was a while ago for you lot but I am taking CMF to court and wondered if I could quote your cases in court. They have tried to repo my car and issued me a defualt notice I did not recieve. However I phoned to pay the payment four days after the default (there saying they issued had expired) and they had already terminated the agreement. Then someone showed up on my doorstep an hour later!!

If the accept my payment I have paid over a third. Im not playing ball with this company and they cant treat people this way. I have hired a solicitor and am applying that they must change there late payment process and offer client some form of consideration. Thanks

• 3 months later...

**** from close motor finance do not use them.

These people are nothing more than loan sharks.

I withdrew a large sum of cash from my bank account and paid some bills online in the states, my bank did one of their security checks and blocked my account until they could verify it was me who had done it.

Which meant they did not paid any of my direct debits, they paid the companies the very next day, however DAVE RIVETT from close motor finance came to my house whilst I was out and started looking in my car the door was open as my son had just got out of it. He started asking my son question about who had been driving the car, and informed him he would call back, to speak to me, we are not talking about missing a payment here , we are talking one payment one day late. Unless you want to be harassed at home do not get a loan of any kind from these guys. They also call your Mobil number on a regular basis to supposedly verify your details, (that’s if you are dumb enough to give them your real number)