Welcome Finance Settlement Figure

shearersbigtoe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again all,

Hope this is in the right place!

I took a loan out with welcome for £8500 over 48 Months in December 2006. Never missed a payment, 10 to go, I contacted them for a settlement figure (its meant to be 10 x £276 = £2760, so I thought I could pay that and save a little)

They came back with a figure of £2800, hows that????

Can I offer less, or just pay them a lesser amount?

Is this legal?

Regards

T

PS The loan wasn't secured.

Hi ive also took a loan with welcome, i took 3000 pound in sept 2007, and have paid all my monthly bills since my last payment will be in sept 2010, i have tried to contact them on many occasions to make sure that everything is up to date and all things will come to an end, the first couple of times i spoke to them i asked for statements etc and they said they would send them, I never recieved them. I have now found out that the company is bust, and the number i was calling is no more, i have looked on there website but there are no numbers on there, so am I in my rights to cancel my direct debit, I dont mind paying my loan but want to know if welcome have broke my contract with them, also my monthly payments include diffrent insurance etc so if there are not trading anymore can they fulfill those insurance policies, please can some one give me some clear answers and maybe a number to contact them, im sure if i cancel my direct debit they will call but i don't what to get a bad credit rating as i might need credit in future. thanks