Advice regarding possession claim when PPI should cover the arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice will be much appreciated. In short my wife and I have just received notice that our lender Lloyds (Ex C&G) have made a repossession claim at the court with a hearing date set for 6th April.

What's really got our blood boiling is that we have a PPI policy in place (lord knows how because we have no record of signing for one) with the same organisation. This policy only came to light after getting debt management help from CCCS a few months after suffering redundancy. Simple chronology of events:

28 Feb 09 -Made redundant

6 March 09 -Attended appointment with Job Centre (on record) but didn't proceed with claim (false optimism that I'd soon be back in work)

April 09 -Discovered PPI plan

May 09 -Initiated claim and registered unemployed. Job Centre agreed to back date Job Seekers Allowance to 4th April

Sept 09 -Lloys Insurance make 1st payment against policy which meets half the required payment due, the other half they mistakenly pay to my old bank account (barclays) which gets apportioned to the overdraft.

Oct & Nov 09 - Lloyds Insurance continue to mess up paying 50% of the claim value to the wrong account despite phone calls and letters highlighting the correct details. I also wrote a full letter of complaint chasing my entitlement to back date the payments as I didn't know I had a policy so couldnt comply with terms regarding registering as unemployed.

Dec 09 -As the situation continued to remain unresolved I wrote to the Mortgage division and advised them of my frustration with their Insurance colleagues

Jan 19th 10 -Received a visit from a field agent for Mortgage division to discuss arrears wherupon he agreed their shouldnt be arrears as the PPI should cover them

Feb 4th -Letter from Eversheds Solicitor acting on Instructions from Lloyds re application for repossession

Feb 5th -I sent letters off response to all 3 parties (Eversheds, Lloyds Mortgage and Lloyds Insurance)

Feb 13th -Court papers arrive setting a hearing for 6th April

The arrears add up to £4k, yet before my difficulty I had paid this bank £79k over 3.5 yrs. They put in place a policy that they cannot prove I signed for and when I claim they drag their feet and hide behind terms and conditions. Payments go to the wrong account and they still want to apply for repossession and when I call them they suggest that it should be ok if I take all this to the court.

I'm just not sure what kind of legal help to get. CCCS put me onto Community Legal Assistance as we qualify for legal aid but they can only help with the court forms. I need an organsiation who can get stuck into the whole PPI fiasco and expose the shoddy dealings of this bank prior to any hearing -ideally helping Lloyds to see some sense.

At least I think that's what we need? I didnt post this under PPI as of course I hardly want to reclaim the costs but there is a case of mis-selling.

Apprecaite any thoughts or advice