Landlord hasn't paid mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister has received a notice of eviction (in 2 weeks time) from her landlords lender (presumably he hasn't been paying).

My sister and her friend have always paid the rent on time and can prove this.

Can anyone offer any advice on what she should do?

PLEASE READ THE FAQ's

claire78,in reply to your posting and in my opinion:

1.There is not much your sister and her friend can do apart from asking for abit more time to obtain alternative accomodation.

2.The landlord has obviously defaulted on the mortgage and in doing so he has he has also breached the agreement between himself and your sister & friend.

In theory,your sister and her friend could sue after they move out.

Before I comment any further could you please answer the following questions:

a.When did the tenancy start?

b.What was the length of the tenancy?

The answers to the above questions should enable me to hopefully assist you further.

They have been there since 1 Jan 05, they have had 6 month contracts and always signed up on time, assured shorthold I think.

This actually happened a few months ago as well, but presumably the landlord sorted it out then.

PLEASE READ THE FAQ's

Claire78,as I mentioned before in my view there is very little that can be done because your sister and her friend because the mortgage company does not have the duty of care towards tenants like a landlord does.

So,I would say again that your sister and her friend should contact the morgage company and see what the response is.

Once you get the response,post it here for us to try and help you further.

All the best!

Hi

I am a Conveyancer (Property Lawyer) and would recommend trying to find out the following:-

* Is the mortgage secured on the property a specific "buy to let mortgage"? If not you may have occupiers rights if no Occupier's Consent form was signed at the time your sister moved in.

* Has the Landlord remortgaged or taken out a mortgage during your sister(s) occupation of the property? If so she should have been informed of the same.

* Explain the situation to the lender, and I would recommend serving Notice on the Landlord that due to you receiving Notice you will be terminating the tenancy in (x) amount of days. Also state that you expect refund of the deposit to be available on that date.

* NOTE - you may have seen people on here struggle with getting deposits back etc as the Landlords say things need repairing/cleaning. I would recommend making a list of any faults at the property, and also taking pictures of the state you leave the house in.

Hope you have some luck with this. If I can help in any other way PM me.

Claire

Hi

Halifax plc - £1600 WON - received

Halifax plc - £925 WON - received

Halifax plc £370.00 WON - received

Yorkshire Bank - £1290 WON - received for boyfriend

Back to sort out Credit File and get back on track!

HAVE FAITH AND KEEP GOING :p