Do Not Insure With Aviva

Succubi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long list of complaints about this useless insurance company. I will focus on the most serious. I was involved in a RTA. My car was sent to the recommended Aviva garage (Solus in Park Royal). They had my car for two weeks to repair minor damage to the rear and side of the car. When it was finally returned to me today it was returned with a huge dent in the roof.

The damage to the roof far exceeds the damage it went in with and because I do not have a courtesy car option on my policy trying to get them to give me a replacement vehicle has been like trying to get blood out of a stone. I am still waiting for an apology from the useless garage Solus and the useless insurance company Aviva.

What Aviva fail to understand is that this is not a claim under my insurance policy. Their agents Solus have damaged my car. As principals they are liable for the damage to my car. They can either get me a replacement vehicle or I can hire a car and send an invoice to them for my losses.

Trying to make them understand this simple logic is pointless. Their staff are rude, unhelpful and quite frankly ignorant. I was told on more than one occasion by both Aviva and Solus that they were providing me with a car as a gesture of goodwill. If I wasn't so angry at the service I would laugh at the sheer stupidity of the statement.

To make matters worse they have continually refused to supply me with a like for like replacement of the car they have damaged. I have a child and my current car is a 5 door car with Isofix. Offering me a 3 door car is not only inadequate but not a like for like replacement.

For obvious reasons I have not renewed my car insurance with Aviva. I will never insure with them again.

I should also say that their customer resolutions team based in Manchester (number 0800 015 2424) is staffed with inept, rude incompetent and quite frankly useless staff who do not have the first idea of customer care or service.

I urge you all to avoid the nightmare that is AVIVA.

I actually found them quite friendly and helpful and prompt, although they have COMPLETELY undervalued my Mothers M3 softtop!!

Hey better luck with your next insurers. RAC are pretty good...word of advice...DON'T INSURE WITH R&SA!!!

Absolute (Edit)

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed unsuitable language.

• 2 months later...

Frankly my friend's been with Norwich union for 6 years now getting better and better deal every time. I myself did it for 1 year only and moved to another company. I think it very much depends on your particular situation and the person you communicate.

• 1 month later...
Long list of complaints about this useless insurance company. I will focus on the most serious. I was involved in a RTA. My car was sent to the recommended Aviva garage (Solus in Park Royal). They had my car for two weeks to repair minor damage to the rear and side of the car. When it was finally returned to me today it was returned with a huge dent in the roof.

The damage to the roof far exceeds the damage it went in with and because I do not have a courtesy car option on my policy trying to get them to give me a replacement vehicle has been like trying to get blood out of a stone. I am still waiting for an apology from the useless garage Solus and the useless insurance company Aviva.

What Aviva fail to understand is that this is not a claim under my insurance policy. Their agents Solus have damaged my car. As principals they are liable for the damage to my car. They can either get me a replacement vehicle or I can hire a car and send an invoice to them for my losses.

Trying to make them understand this simple logic is pointless. Their staff are rude, unhelpful and quite frankly ignorant. I was told on more than one occasion by both Aviva and Solus that they were providing me with a car as a gesture of goodwill. If I wasn't so angry at the service I would laugh at the sheer stupidity of the statement.

To make matters worse they have continually refused to supply me with a like for like replacement of the car they have damaged. I have a child and my current car is a 5 door car with Isofix. Offering me a 3 door car is not only inadequate but not a like for like replacement.

For obvious reasons I have not renewed my car insurance with Aviva. I will never insure with them again.

I should also say that their customer resolutions team based in Manchester (number 0800 015 2424) is staffed with inept, rude incompetent and quite frankly useless staff who do not have the first idea of customer care or service.

I urge you all to avoid the nightmare that is AVIVA.

I would never use them again i had PPi with them and was off work for a long time thay never paid out on the cover it was a joke....

• 5 months later...

Aviva have got the most complaints with the financial omnbudsman and My treatment by them is similar to your own.I would suggest you request all documents regarding your claim from them under the freedom of information act .By law they have to supply these to you and it costs about £10.I think you will find the internal memos between Aviva and Solus could cast more light on your particular case.When you get these and are in full reciept of all facts I would take them to county court its probably the best way as FOS takes a long time to look at your case and according to to reports seems to judge 50/50 in most cases.