Littlewoods and JD Williams and Me

clairus99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just came here to look for advice on claiming back something from Littlewoods and/or JD Williams...

Was paying them regularly until I fell into difficulties about 6 months or so ago. I am not working and a mature student (full-time) so unable to pay anything.

Fair enough, I bought things from their catalogue in good faith and have every intention of paying back what I rightfully owe - no issue there.

I am just fed up with all the phone calls and interest and charges and their still wanting payment protection etc. I have asked them both a couple of times to take off the charges, stop the interest and give me a realistic figure with which I can make a pay-back arrangement with them. These requests have been totally ignored, as I suspect other customers have experienced.

The stage I am at with Simply Be is that I'm still getting monthly statements and with Littlewoods it's with NDR (whom I suspect is their in-house recovery department) and I've received a Pre-Escalation Notice today.

I don't know where the best place is to start on here as to what I should do or expect but have printed off a copy of the CCA letter. I keep absolutely everything so have statements going back to whenever I joined up with them.

If anyone could recommend a place I could start reading up on the site, I would be much obliged, but I wanted to start a thread here to record my experience in order that it will hopefully help others.

C

But then again, what do I know?

• 3 weeks later...

well littlewoods and capital one have not answered so will be moving to next stage with them.

j d williams (as "Reliable"), however, wrote back just in the nick of time so i'm not sure what to do next! the gist of it is:

account opened in may 2003, info about credit charge amount, how many payments made and the total of that. current balance with arrears amount. then they list the terms at which they are prepared to receive payment from me.

the important bit i'll type as they have:

"in relation to your request for a copy of the executed agreement under section 78 of the consumer credit act 1974, under regulation 3 (2)(b) for the consumer credit (cancellation notices and copies of documents) regulations 1983 there is no requirement to provide a photocopy of the agreement bearing your signature, it is sufficient that we supply you with a "true copy" of the agreement setting out the terms and conditions to which you have agreed. a "true copy" need not bear the debtor's signature or, in our case, the date of the agreement. we are therefore enclosing a "true copy" of the credit arrangement that was sent out to you when the account was opened."

does this mean i'm stuffed?

i'm assuming the answer to this question does lie elsewhere on the site but if anyone is able to point me in the right direction (although naturally i will have a look again) i would really appreciate it.

thanks

okay i see this is the standard letter, just what i thought. had a look at the consumer credit act thread but after several pages just got a bit of a headache.

i get that basically they've failed to provide what i asked for and assume i can go ahead and send the form letter saying that i basically deny the debt until they can produce this....?

anyone know where i can find an example of the full story on this?

cheers

okay....

yesterday i received back (albeit a couple of days late) a photocopy of the CCA from littlewoods... signed by me...

i guess that's it now, huh? :S

AW, I feel a little sorry for you. You have made all these posts with not one reply :mad:

It may be better to start individual threads for each debt. You say you have a Capital1 CCA in the pipeline so start that one in the Cap1 forum.

Once you decide which debt you want to keep on this thread, post up what they have sent you (minus personal details)

With JD Williams, it's highly likely they won't have an agreement (unless it is a recent agreement)

The littlewoods one I would be keen to see.

I would be tempted to send JDW letter 9 here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Just because they are allowed to send re-creations of agreements does not make it valid. If they aren't prepared to send a copy of an agreement you may (or may not) have signed suggests to me that they don't have one

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE