Harveys please help

moggy490
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a leather 2 seat recliner and also a 3 seat recliner before xmas had it delivered christmas week and rang there customer services the next day to ask for a replacement as the 2 seater looked like a factory second.

There were faint tram line marks on it. The footplates over lapped at the bottom and the left back cushion is a good inch to an inch and a half higher than the right cushion.

Anyway Eco Master were sent out and and 2 men turned up early january looked at it took photo,s and said the marks were packaging marks and will go over time.

I explained i was not happy with that and they said they would submit there report to Harveys who will be in touch.

After 3 weeks i again rang Harveys who explained the report said they had FIXED the problem and nothing else needed doing, i went berzerk at the poor woman on the phone and told her that Eco Master had done nothing.

The Woman put the phone down on me so i rang back and told them how pathetic they are and they arranged for Eco master to come out again today between 1-4.

Anyway at 5-30 the bloke turns up agrees with everything i,ve said and tells me that he can repair it by unpicking it and re upholstering it,it would take 2-3 hours to do and he really wanted to get home :confused:

I explained that i would rather have it replaced as even though he can fix the footplate and the 1 inch step he wouldn't be able to get rid of the tram lines so he said that he would explain this in his report. I dont hold my breath and will be ready to get in touch with Trading Standards. Upto yet im also paying £51 in call costs to there 0844 number so if anyone has an alternative number please forward it. (there is one out there i had it but cant find it now).

Hi Moggy, I see that Harveys are still failing in the customer satisfaction department! I had similar issues with them about 7 years ago, had the classic excuse that all their managers were out "on the road". Short story raised a small claims court claim against them and won plus got costs and bought replacement furniture from a different company! Take photographs of the offending item, I did and used this as evidence in court. Good luck with this, keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Hi Moggy, I see that Harveys are still failing in the customer satisfaction department! I had similar issues with them about 7 years ago, had the classic excuse that all their managers were out "on the road". Short story raised a small claims court claim against them and won plus got costs and bought replacement furniture from a different company! Take photographs of the offending item, I did and used this as evidence in court. Good luck with this, keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Will do thanks.

• 1 month later...

Well over a month gone and still no contact from Harveys or anybody i rang the alternative number for some lady to take my details saying she would get a manager to ring me back........do you think it happened?..............................................................................................................................................................of course not :mad:

Trading standards me do thinks.

• 3 months later...