Ticket in Ipswich

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a Disabled Blue badge issued by my local authority. In London, if you are not sure you have to ring the local council of where you want to park to make sure they recognise your blue badge, signage usually provide a number. There is no standardization. IE, If Islington issued your badge, you cant park in Hackney on a resident permit only bay. But you can park on Islington bays with a hackney blue badge. So it's best to check.

Anyway, I drove up to Ipswich today. I parked in a resident parking bay and visited a house in that street (which I can prove). There were no signs with phone numbers to check (which, as I stated, is what you do in London). There were no disabled bays in that street or outside the house I visited. I have mobility problems so needed to park close. I rang 118 and could only get phone number for an automated payment line for Ipswich Parking.

Anyway, as you can guess I have a ticket dispite displaying my blue badge and clock.

Is it worth appealing on any grounds?

Thanks

Yes, definitely.

Explain what you said here - you needed to park there, were a stranger to the area, could not find out the local regulations before parking, and assumed that you were permitted to use that bay.

I think you have a very good chance of winning.

Free parking in permit bays is not given to blue badge holders as part of the BB scheme although you are correct some Councils do allow it as an extra 'perk'. I would do as suggested above and plead ignorance and explain you can park locally at home in permit bays.