Failed Obstinate Sissy's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also known as Financial Ombudsman Service. Why do we pay tax payers money to these people.

Here is my thoughts, if you buy goods or services in the UK that are deemed not to be fit for purpose then you can get your money back. So why don't we all bring a class action claim against the FOS because clearly the service they provide is not fit for purpose.

My experience is that the FOS are their to help the Banks not the public so may be they should be funded by the banks out of their bonus kitty. My run-ins with FOS are too numerous to mention but here are a few:

Reston Solicitors applied to court before even informing me i had a debt of just £184. FOS found in their favor I had to pay them £1800

Barclay Card sent beliefs to my door without any warning or court order FOS found in their favor.

I was miss sold PPI insurance. I complained at the time but FOS found in their favor. Subsequently and only because a member of the public took the case to court miss old PPI can be claimed back.

Their was an excellent case for unenforceable credit agreements. FOS took the case to the high court and mysteriously lost it setting a precedence that favors the Bankers.

So exactly what have they done for the people that pay their wages??

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Reston Solicitors applied to court before even informing me i had a debt of just £184. FOS found in their favor I had to pay them £1800

Barclay Card sent beliefs to my door without any warning or court order FOS found in their favor.

You don't have to accept the FOS decision and it makes no difference to any court case you may be involved in. So why did you pay Restons £1800?