just a query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ello all,

Hoping that someone can give me some advice on this matter.....its something thats been on my mind for a while now.

I worked for a small local group of convenience stores, this local group was taken over by one of the top 4 supermarket retailers.

When this happened all the staff had a 1 to 1 with someone from HR who went thru the in's and out's of changing our contracts to the "try something" employer.

We were told that by signing the new contracts we would be no worse off, infact we would be better off!

Great everyone thought.......until reality hit!

With our old employer we got treble time for working a bank holiday which was your contracted day, double time if it wasnt your contracted day.

With new employer, if a bank holiday fell on your contracted day then you would be compensated with extra days holidays......which basically meant, if your working day fell on a bank holiday and you wanted the day off then you could take the day off as holiday and loose no non of your basic holiday entitlement..........thats what we were told!

Turns out, we DONT get any extra days holiday if your contracted to work mondays (which tbh is when most bank holidays are) and it was a bank holiday and you wanted the day off then you take a days holiday out of your holiday entitlement.

To rub salt into our wounds we have been told that "try something" employer doesnt recognise bank holidays...they are just a normal day! Hmmm........funny that if you work at a BIG "try something" store you get paid time and a half for working bank holidays, if you work at a small local "try something" store you get nothing.

Not to mention the sunday premium and if you work after 10pm you get unsociable hours pay which is time and a qtr.

We as "locals" stores get non of this, even tho most stores are open till 11pm....some till midnight.

So much for us being no worse off, and bank holidays not being recognised blah blah blah

Their response to our queries regarding the above issues is "the takeover was a bit rushed and we gave out the information given to us at the time" and "conveneince colleagues have never been paid more than supermarkets"

Were not being asked to be paid more, just the same as people in supermarkets!

Our union rep is dragging his heels on this and weve been waiting for ..................wait for this.........................over 18 months for his reply!!!

I think we are all fed up at being lied to in the first instance and then lied to again regarding the "we dont recognise bank holidays, there just a normal working day"

Anyone any thoughts? :confused::confused::confused:

In general terms, you should retain the same terms and conditions of employment that you had prior to the transfer. They should certainly enter into consultation with you before changing the T&C's.

So, I'd argue that you should be still getting the same pay rates on bank holidays etc. that you had before.