Letter from DCA post Manchester case (they specifically mention it) Need some help with writing a response.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With all due respect angry cat I tried sending short concise and to the point letters for over a year now and they haven't got me anywhere, they still continue to pursue an unenforceable debt. Beside they started with the long rambling letters, they are just getting back what they dish out!

Also, as recommended I removed all the emotion from the letter and kept it purely 'business like'. :)

With all due respect angry cat I tried sending short concise and to the point letters for over a year now and they haven't got me anywhere, they still continue to pursue an unenforceable debt. Beside they started with the long rambling letters, they are just getting back what they dish out!

Also, as recommended I removed all the emotion from the letter and kept it purely 'business like'. :)

what AC is saying is correct, i know it will make you feel better but a long rambling letter will have no more effect than a short sweet one

start off by composing such a letter on your computer- dont hold back give it all you've got

save it and then come back to it the next day- now imagine you are a teacher- showing a newcomer how to keep a letter to the point- and start editing away- you'll be amazed at how much crap you put in their in the first place!!

remember that these letters may have to be produced in court at some stage and being in court is all about winning the judge over to your side of the argument

having to read a 3 page diatribe to try and find the point you are making is not condusive to such a goal!.

• 1 month later...

Well not had a reply to that last letter as yet, not sure whether they have given up for now or whether they will try to sell it on again, I suppose the best thing to do now would be to do nothing until they rear there ugly heads once more?

Had a reply from the DCA today...

Letter dated March 2010 in response to my last letter sent in early January (an amended version of the long winded letter within this thread).

It's a very short letter and it basically says that they contacted Halifax who have said they had no record of a complaint from me in the past, my complaint is with the DCA and the fact they continue to try to claim for an unenforceable debt.

The DCA has bought this debt, my complaint was in reference to the debt being unenforceable as the CCA they sent has NO pre-described terms whatsoever, and they have failed to produce one that has, instead sending me separate T&Cs which they have printed my name onto but don't bare my signature.

They suggest I write to Halifax for some reason and have put the account on hold for the 5th time for 28 days until I send them my response.

Should I just ignore them now, the debt is unenforceable and I'm pretty sure they know this otherwise they would have taken my final response in my last letter and began court proceedings.

I have no reason to write to Halifax and have no intention of doing so, they have sold the debt, what good will writing to them do. Is this the DCA playing some last chance desperate games or something?

Any advise would be much appreciated.