BT Yahoo! Mail

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our ISP is BT. Generally we use Outlook to send, read, store our emails but we have to use BT Yahoo! Mail to check for spam etc.

When we open BT Yahoo! there is a new(ish) application which offers to "connect" us with friends and family and it seems to get the names from our Outlook address book. The thing is whilst our address book contains friends, family and business some of the addresses are for people/businesses we would not want to be "friends" with and as it doesn't seem to discriminate when it offers to unite us with the people in our address book it is probably also offering our names as potential friends to, say, our landlord, ebay billing or the other side's lawyer in a court action etc.

We are in touch with the people we want to be in touch with... I've looked everywhere on the BT Yahoo! site / help pages but can't find any information about turning this app off / removing it

1. Does anyone know how to turn this app off?

2. Does anyone know how to stop our names being suggested to everyone in our address book?

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

I believe it only does this check ONCE, and once complete does not ask you again. You can also select WHICH onces to accept (as even they wouldn't assume you;d wish to connect to ALL your contacts!). Once the deed is complete, you can forget about it.

Thanks for this buzby but sadly it doesn't seem to work like that - they keep on offering me the same old people that I've already said no to!

My posts are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. You should seek the advice of a qualified insured professional.

When I open Bt Yahoo! it suggests three names, each in a little box. Each time I click on the cross on the top right hand corner of each box. The boxes are then cleared from the screen.

The next time I go on I get the same thing, sometimes suggesting people who I've already said no to (as above procedure).

i never ure the BT mail site as it all is forwarded to windows mail and any that are spam i just right click them and send to junk folder once that is done all further mails from that address goes there auto

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

you can also change the settings so they go straight to the bin

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I got the same, but only the first time. You're not blocking cookies are you, as this might explain why the check is being undertaken every time you log in?

No, cookies are not being blocked.

i never ure the BT mail site as it all is forwarded to windows mail and any that are spam i just right click them and send to junk folder once that is done all further mails from that address goes there auto

I would do the same but, unfortunately, sometimes BT decides that someone who we're been enjoying a happy correspondence with is spam and the only way to get a message out of spam and into your mailbox is by going to the BT Yahoo! site.

I have tried to get in touch with BT about this but can't find any way of contacting them about it - apart from "feedback". I've also tried Yahoo! but that just offers me AT&T and other American stuff...

I feel like I am bashing my head against a brick wall!