Sons car finance - Unlawful Cancellation Rights paragraph?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

my son has just got a car on finance.

Ive been looking through the key information section and came across this -

"You have no right to cancel the agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the Timeshare Act 1992 or the Financial Services (Distance Marketing) Regulations 2004.

But then, a couple of paragraphs later, in the "your rights" section, it says this -

"The Consumer Credit Act 1974 lays down certain requirements for your protection which should have been complied with when this agreement was made. If they were not, we cannot enforce this agreement without a court order."

So are they trying to say something here that Im not aware of or are they just being stupid?

Obviously this contract is going to fall under CCA 2006 with regards to any disagreements a later date, but why then say that a), he cannot cancel under CCA1974, and then b), that this contract is governed by CCA1974?

Any thoughts anyone?

They are saying that the contract is governed by the CCA - and they have to comply with the relevant sections otherwise they cannot enforce should it ever come to that.

BUT under the CCA they are saying it is not what is known as a cancellable agreement

hth

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.