Resolvecall?! - Mercers/Barclaycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am new on here but have read this thread and others with interest. I work in financial services and I am speaking from my own personal experience. Many many staff working for credit cards and their debt collection agencies have debts themselves and will possibly be in similar situations as yourself. Keep this in mind when you speak to them over the phone and remember they are just doing a job, they probably won't care about your circumstances and if you just give them one reply ' I cannot afford to pay you any more money at present as I DO NOT have any'

strange..because a lot of people who find there way to the site do so because of harrassment and abuse from dca's despite telling them they dont have the means to pay them..then being threatened with charging orders, ccj's and bailliffs

blimey bazooka- i take it your team lost today!! |Mine did:mad:

I don't even support a team! Imagine if I did:eek: I don't need anymore excuses in my life to get angry, occasionally it is good to vent your spleen on these people who by all intents and circumstances think they are giving sound advice to the uneducated.:grin:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks all for your help so far! With regards to the threat of a CCJ that Barclays have included in their latest letter to me entitled:-

'Final Warning:Legal Action' in which they state that if I fail to pay the amount you owe within ten days:- 1) You may receive a summons from the county court and a judgement may be made against you 2) an unsatisfied CCJ will remain on the Public Register for six years.

To recover your debt we may request:

1) A charging order against your property

2) Attachment to earnings and take funds directly from your wages.

3) A Dect Collector may also call on you'

Scary threatening stuff and this is despite me paying money to payplan which then gets sent to Barclays along with other creditors.

As I AM paying as much as I can afford to Barclays will I still get a CCJ?? I'm not necessarily scared of my credit rating getting affected as much as I am of getting a CCJ :(

As for opening a new account I've done that already so they can't snatch back money like HSBC did a month ago!

yes, i'm afraid but they will rarely do so (even though they threaten)

the reason is that the court will use EXACTLY the same formula as CCCS/Payplan use to determine your disposable income and how it should be distributed between your unsecured creditors

often it will be less!

moreover, a lender who refuses to stop or reduce interest on your account , to the point where your payments are not reducing the debt is also in a bad place because it would be reasonable for you to then stop paying that creditor and invite them to take you to court where you will exoplain your predicament to the court

guess what the judge will do?

Thanks Diddy,

Interesting that you should mention the point where payments are not reducing the debt due to charges/interest as thats exactly whats happening with Barclaycard!

Will speak to payplan first before going down the route of stopping payments and going to court.

Thanks Diddy,

Interesting that you should mention the point where payments are not reducing the debt due to charges/interest as thats exactly whats happening with Barclaycard!

Will speak to payplan first before going down the route of stopping payments and going to court.

personally i dont beleive you will get good advice from payplan on this matter

their brief is to help you manage your debt and they will always shy away from advising or encouraging you to challenge the debts

with the help of this forum you can break away from payplan and take much better control of your finances

notwithstanding which you should, in any event get s78 requests off to ALL your creditors

It has been a while since I posted a thread as I thought I was getting somewhere!:confused:

Now they are all at it!

Halifax who had agreed a repayment basis with my husband to be reviewed in December. They did not contact him so I wrote a letter end Nov to increase payment and have made payments on time, they have now passed the account to Blair, Oliver and Scott without any warning!

Lloyds who send one lot of letters saying yes the proposals are acceptable and to keep paying them, which he does, then they write and say that the proposals are not good enough?!

Barclaycard have passed from Mercers to Resolvecall to Scottcall to Calders!

Capital One refused the 50% offer and have passed it to Frederickson International!

Is there any wonder people jump from bridges!!!

...... feel better for that although not very constructive was it!