Default Notice issued due to car having excess damage when returned (Mercedes on PCP scheme)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had the same thing when returning a Jeep do not pay them they will back down find out if it was returned to their centre the same day as collection mine was not and had done 500 miles in 24hrs ? if this is the case ask them where it has been Also check the documentation mine said wheels that required refurb was not chargeable only if they required replacement.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting article by Kelvin McKenzie in today's Sun, who has just been charged over £1800 after handing back his Merc :shock:

All I've received from Merc so far is a letter yesterday (dated 3rd Feb) reminding me to pay the outstanding amount etc etc.

Now residing in the round filing cabinet.

All I've received from Merc so far is a letter yesterday (dated 3rd Feb) reminding me to pay the outstanding amount etc etc.

Now residing in the round filing cabinet.

well done you. :D

I wouldn't do anything more for them until they try issuing county court papers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A quick update for you all...

Merc have now passed the "debt" to DLC. Had a nice conversation with a woman from there who was surprisingly easy to get rid of, and have now received this:

MercDLC310310.jpg

Should I just ignore this, or respond to it?

• 1 year later...

I have a similar claim from Mercedes Finance and am detailing it at mercedes-finance (dot) co (dot) uk.

One thing I believe may be a huge error on Mercedes part is to only provide detailed guidelines for return values AFTER taking ownership of the car. This is not contractually correct. After an agreement has been entered into - extra information cannot then be added. Clause 10.1.4 in the agility agreement states that the car must be in 'good condition' on it's return. That is a highly subjective statement. And I believe it's the only statement that can be legally discussed. The booklets about stringent return standards that are given upon taking ownership aren't valid, because they are given AFTER the contract has been agreed.

The lesson I've come away with from my experience with Mercedes Finance is that the return process really is far too hostile to ever consider the process again, and I'd advise anyone reading this that is considering a contract with Mercedes Finance to think again, and then decide not to.

It's a long while since I last replied to this thread, but as way of an update the only further dealings I had were a few more phone calls from DLC, where I gave them my well-practised response which was basically "the only way you're going to get any money out of me is to take me to court".

I haven't heard from them in well over a year, so assume that they have dropped the matter.

I would suggest you take a similar course of action...or you could do what I also did...offer them £0.00 as a full and final settlement :wink: