Woolwich mortgage.

mowerman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I always pay my monthly mortgage instalment to The Woolwich by Building Society cheque posted to Leicester.

On the back of each statement it says "...you can also pay at any branch of Barclays Bank.." In December I did just that and paid in over the counter at my local Barclays branch. I obtained a stamped counterfoil/receipt which showed my mortgage account number.

Early in January I received a notice of arrears and upon telephoning Woolwich customer services they tell me that the cheques I paid in at Barclays branch had not been received by them at mortgage collections. They told me I had to provide proof it had been sent by the branch to them!

On reflection I wrote to Woolwich mortgage collections as well as the Barclays branch saying that the cheques had cleared, that I had their stamped counterfoil which for me was adiquate proof, and it was both beyond my ability and not for me to prove their internal systems for transferring funds. I have not had a response.

Am I right in adopting that approach?

How long should I leave it before referring the matter to the FOS ?

I read somewhere that once referred to the FOS a fee has to be paid by the bank. Is this correct.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Edited by mowerman
spelling

• 3 weeks later...

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)