When you apply for Tax Disc online.

maroondevo52
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I take it your ok to drive without the disc until the new one arrives.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes, print off the confirmation from the DVLA and keep it with you. The police national computer will be able to establish that the tax disc has been issued (got this info from a traffic cop). Theoretically you could be done for not displaying a valid tax disc but you should be OK if stopped. I always get mine online and the disc comes really quickly.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thank you Ell-enn :)

So what happens if I'm parked on a street and a warden comes along.

Thank you Ell-enn :)

So what happens if I'm parked on a street and a warden comes along.

That's where you might have a problem I think :( you'd have to contest any ticket you get by sending them a copy of the DVLA confirmation. When does your tax run out?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

It has run out :eek: went to get it online yesterday and got knocked back for having no Mot.( ran out at the end of December)

My neighbour works in a garage and MOT'd it this morning :).

Going to get the Tax shortly, I need the car for my work on Monday and will have to park on a busy street in Edinburgh where you have to pay for parking, so without a doubt It'll get spotted.

Can I just say I have not driven this vehicle since before christmas and it's parked in my drive :)

Print off two copies of the confirmation and put one in the windscreen where the tax disc should be ? showing that it is in the post - then cross your fingers.

I thought the exemption to drive the car only applied for the first 5 days at the beginning of the month and only if the new disk was following on from an old one with no gaps. Not sure it can be used in your situation even though you will have paid for the tax disk back dated to the begining of the month.

Remember the governments motto towards car drivers, "when you do something wrong we screw you, and when you try to do it right but we can make it look like you did it wrong, we'll screw you anyway." :D

Hi,

Late December 2008 I taxed my car online and in the absence of the tax disc displayed the Email confirmation. The disc took over a week to arrive. In the interim, whilst parked in a PRIVATE Cornish town centre car park, the local PCSO gave me a formal ticket to the effect that I was being reported to the DVLA!!!

Bottom line, I never heard anthing else.

H

I have read somewhere that if you apply online you can drive the car for upto 5 days with no disc displayed.

Ill have a search and find where I read it.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Ok I copied this from DVLA online taxing

I have not received the tax disc. Can I use the vehicle without the tax disc displayed?

When you apply for a tax disc online or by using our phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

So you keep the old disc displayed and it dont say it but yes I would also put the receipt next to it.

They are quiet quick in getting them sent out mine arrived on the second day and I did exactly the above without a problem.

PF

So you keep the old disc displayed and it dont say it but yes I would also put the receipt next to it.PF

They're quite clear - that will only work if there is no break in the tax. If you skipped a month, then a 30NOV09 disc showing will be no use whilst you await the disk that startred on 01JAN10.

(Receipt or no receipt).

Buzby,

That is correct, thanks for making that clear.

PF

Thanks for all the input, my wife just suggested I go to the Post Office on Monday morning and get my new disc there :rolleyes:

Now why did'nt I think of that :)

Thanks for all the input, my wife just suggested I go to the Post Office on Monday morning and get my new disc there :rolleyes:

Now why did'nt I think of that :-)

HEHE does that not prove what a lazy nation computers are making us.

PF

HEHE does that not prove what a lazy nation computers are making us.

PF

Either that or I'm thick :)

The reason I did it online in the first place was because I could not find my MOT certificate :rolleyes:

That's definitely the best idea, given your tax has expired.

That's definitely the best idea, given your tax has expired.

All I need now's £96.25 :D:rolleyes:

All I need now's £96.25 :D:rolleyes:

Shame. I got mine starting on 01/01/10, and it cost me a bargain £0.00 (Shows as NIL on the disk).

It's an Electric Vehicle, and whilst it has to be taxed and insured, is VED exempt. Maybe Edinbutgh will take a leaf out of Glasgow's nook and provide free recharging points too....

:)

Shame. I got mine starting on 01/01/10, and it cost me a bargain £0.00 (Shows as NIL on the disk).

It's an Electric Vehicle, and whilst it has to be taxed and insured, is VED exempt. Maybe Edinbutgh will take a leaf out of Glasgow's nook and provide free recharging points too....

:)

Raymond,

Are there many recharging points in Glasgow, or are you pulling my leg :)

There are currently 6 in Glasgow and 2 in Braehead (SC). A further 200 (no typo) are being installed across the city as I type this, each post capable of charging 2 vehicles at a time.

I can't come to Auld Reekie as there is no public recharging points at all there. so I could get there, but not back (unless I begged and cajolled a supermarket to let me plug up).

The thrill of no VED doesn't die..... :)

I was going to say, never heard of any in Edinburgh, how longs does it take for a full charge and how far does that get you.

So I take it you can leave it at the re-charging point, then pick it up later.

Lucky no many folk have them, you'd need to queue for a while, or am I missing something.

Surely a solar panel in the roof of the vehicle would be worth it?

PF