CRB check will it show up any of these?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I would like to start to do some volunteer work in some of my local school's with a view that if i like it to train as a classroom assistant or similar evenutally.

The only thing holding me back is my past. I have in the past been really stupid with money have had a few CCJ's. I also let my TV licence run out and they came to my home and cuatuioned me. I did pay it in full the day after but as it was a caution will that show up too?

The other thing is i was cautioned for shop lifting 8/9 years ago. I was young and stupid and actually stupidly took the rap for someone else who actually done the deed which i think the Police knew so they took DNA, i think finger prints and cautioned me. Will that show up? :(

I will be really upset if this will all show up and i cant go into this way of work as i know i made mistakes in the past but have gone thru that silly stage in my life and grown up a lot since then.

Thank you for any advice.

Hello and Welcome,

I think a CRB is only for criminal records a CCJ is a civil matter, so should not show up.

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thank you both. I am happy to be honest and open and i know i made mistakes in the past. I am so worried about it and wonder if i am just better of going for a job in a supermarket instead rather then do some courses then have the disappointment and embarassment of failing the CRB check.

Hi,

I'd go for it, what have you got to lose. We've all made mistakes in the past, but this should not stop you from trying to do in life what you wish.

I wish you all the best with that and hope things turn out for the better.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I'd just be upfront about it. How about writing to the headteacher of a local school and asking them their opinion? They're hardly likely to wave it about and tell everyone.

I don't know much about CRB checks myself, never had one (good thing too). I don't know if the rules are mandatory or discretionary.

I did not sign any paper work, statement or anything that i can remember. I stood at a desk and the Sergant told me off basically. They did take my DNA with a cotton bud thing in my mouth but i cannot remember if they took finger prints. It was so awful and i was taking the rap for someone else too i hadnt actually took the item and i have kind of blanked it out since to be honest :(

The police caution will show up, but it will state what it is for. They are looking for offences related to whether or not you pose a risk to children or other vulnerable people.

I do all the CRB checks for staff at my school. I receive a report from the authoristed signatory but am not supposed to see the actual CRB check, which is sent directly to the applicant.

I really do not see a problem with you working with children. As everyone has said be open and honest.

Best of luck.

• Haha 1

The police caution will show up, but it will state what it is for. They are looking for offences related to whether or not you pose a risk to children or other vulnerable people.

I do all the CRB checks for staff at my school. I receive a report from the authoristed signatory but am not supposed to see the actual CRB check, which is sent directly to the applicant.

I really do not see a problem with you working with children. As everyone has said be open and honest.

Best of luck.

Thank you. I will be honest and open about the caution & shop lifting epsisode to the Head Teacher anyway as i am like that as a person. I just hope that they will see that was 9 years ago almost now and that i am not that person anymore and stop be from volunteering or eventually getting a job.

i doubt it will show up - sounds like a informal caution - one given by a "serg"

to clarify :

There are two kinds of caution - formal and informal.

The informal one is an oral warning given by a police officer and does not count towards a criminal record.

A formal caution will normally be given at a police station by an officer of inspector rank or above. It is regarded as a serious matter and may be cited in any subsequent court proceedings. Often a victim will be contacted to establish the impact of the crime and their view of a caution.

A caution is not a conviction. But it is administered only in cases where there is sufficient evidence for a prosecution and where the subject has admitted guilt.

If you are working with children then they will require and enhanced CRB check and that will show cautions etc. These CRB's are far more indepth than a standard check and one should be done every 3 years for those working with children.

If you weren't to declare that you had a caution and it showed on your CRB then you could be sacked for not disclosing it.

Are you involved with any community youth groups etc - if so you could get them to submit an enhanced CRB check and see what it shows before you submit and employement applications.

At one time you could do an application for an enhanced CRB yourself - it used to cost £12 per application, but I don't know if you still can.......

You can apply for yourself as no employer ever gets to see your CRB before you do anyway. They may help you apply and pay the costs, but it still arrives to you directly.

You should call Disclosure Scotland on 0870 609 6006 for an application form. The cost is £23.00. I would request an enhanced, not basic, as both cost the same price but working with under 18's an enhanced is required and will show all cautions, warnings, not spent under the ROAA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think that one could apply for a CRB check on oneself(?). Thought an organisation had to make the application, and a copy was sent to the subject.

It might of changed.

An individual can apply for a basic disclosure but not an enhanced, that has to be done through an organisation.