Withdrawn Line Of Credit- But Still Charging Interest & Sending Statements

fireyjack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

Went down the CCA route ( see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/181685-fireyjack-mbna-fight-begins.html ) - nothing delivered in time so put the account into dispute. As you can imagine MBNA did not acknowledge this and continued to add interest and demand monthly payments.

Anyway, unfortunately an 'account manager' got hold of me and started to put the onus on me- saying they need a statement of my outgoings etc and trying to sidestep the issue of MBNA needing to get their house in order.

Could anyone advise as to if they are allowed to add interest on credit that has been withdrawn and what my next step should be as in my opinion they are simply trying to welch on refunding my charges, fees and interest in the hope that they can wear me down.

Thanks

J

I'm not a debtor- I'm a free man!!

Egg- Won

MBNA- Just started

Marbles- Its only a few pounds but if I win against MBNA then this will be my my 'showboat' round.

Can anyone advise on this?

Going to send another account in dispute letter but in the meantime MBNA have sent a letter saying "According to our research you are a home owner and we may enorce a charging order etc...."- is this their usual tactic?

I have stated to them that I need to see the original agreement but have been met with answers like "There are 8000 of these requests at the moment so there is a backlog"

Sorry, but if a multi-national bank can't source 8000 documents then questions need to be raised about their ability to operate correctly and within the law.

I'm not a debtor- I'm a free man!!

Egg- Won

MBNA- Just started

Marbles- Its only a few pounds but if I win against MBNA then this will be my my 'showboat' round.