Citibank/Moorcroft inefficiency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Credit Report shows a Poor Rating due to a Default of £120 to Citifinancial Europe plc. This is being pursued by Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd who inform me the amount is for an unpaid CPP card protection account of £29 in 2008 plus their commission charges.

I moved house in December 2007, paid off my Citicard, closed my Citibank account & cancelled my CPP protection when my late partner died in 2008. The last Citicard invoice received in April 2008 was for a credit of minus 29p, payment required 0.00p, prior to that all monthly card payments had been by Direct Debit from my bank account so any outstanding amount in 2008 should have been paid automatically.

I have no record of any amounts owing to Citibank despite repeated requests for details. Citibank say the account has been sold on to a debt collection agency, Moorcroft say they are awaiting instruction from their client, it's a vicious circle.

I contacted Trading Standards & the Office of Fair Trading who referred me to Consumer Direct NW. Their advice was to send a request to Moorcroft by Recorded Delivery & if no response within 14 days I could consider the matter closed. This I did & received confirmation of delivery on 25th November 2009, but no response from Moorcroft.

Despite my insistence that I owe nothing to Citibank they have continually failed to correct the £120 Default shown on my Credit Rating.

What do I have to do now?