Worthing Jewellery Shop Scam or Not

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My Mother who is quite scatty, has placed a diamond ring with a well known Jewellers in Worthing for sale, she was told by the shop that they would sell it in their London store for 18,000 less 20% sales fee and should would also have to pay the V.A.T, leaving her just under 12,000 when sold.

They have now had the ring up for sale for over 10 weeks and keep fobbing her off with excuses why it has not been sold, she is now rather worried that they are just keeping the ring under false pretences as they said the ring would sell quickly in London, she did sign a contract but can not find her copy.

Why does she have to pay V.A.T, when I would think the buyer pays V.A.T via the shop and if she does, how can we make sure the Jewellers pays the VAT, and is it legal for the Jewellers not to give her ring back if she asks for it.

Thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...

The vat will be charged on their commision: So when the ring sells, they will take 20% of the sale price plus vat on that 20%.

If they could sell the ring in 10 weeks, that would be great. More realistically I would say 2 years.

The ring is your property, so you could always just ask for it back. Ask for a copy of your contract.

Its WAR