Make Patch your New Friend

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I want to encourage all you newbie quitters to stick to your task and grasp the challenge ahead to a smoke free future.

3 years ago i was diagnosed with diabetes, so i was told to quit smoking.It took me a year before i convinced myself to do it and when i did, well to my surprise it wasnt that bad.

I started on patches, highest available and stuck to the task for a month, during which time i forgot to put the patch on in the morning on 3 or 4 occasions. Even on days i forgot i was fine, so the following month i gave up the patch! Ive not had a fag (or a patch) for 2 years now, i feel great, climb flights of stairs without panting, get rid of colds in 3 days, but most of all i have a home that smells fresh (like the pubs now ?) and my clothes dont reak.

I guess all i want to say is that the benefits far outweigh the visit outside on days like today, let least the saving in money. So go for it, stick your patch on (for a while at least) and Quit, i promise you it's worth it !!

Congratulations, S/Hen. Well done.

The Diabetes didn't stop me, but the heart failure, shortly after, did.

Anyone wanting to quit smoking is well advised to see their GP or practice nurse, as most local health authorities have schemes to help you in your quest.... from cut-price patches to free patches, etc.

Just remember that if you fail, it is not the end of the world and nothing to be ashamed of.... it's not an easy task.

The only real failure is if you stop trying.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I can't agree more Rooster,

I am the worlds best quitter, I've done it every six months for the past six years :eek:

Until I discovered Allen Carr. You can use his message along with any of the 'Front Line' methods of stopping smoking.

Remember you own your life, not nicotine. You just need to 'Want to'

It's not as bad as it seems, when you know the the enemy your up against , you have defeated the monster you are up against.

This is one from someone who has smoked 40 plus a day !!

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.