I booked CeFa and Cemap Course with a company called Beacon Financial Training Ltd. and the director called Brendan O'Ne

Raskitty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I booked CeFa and Cemap Course with a company called Beacon Financial Training Ltd. and the director called Brendan O'Neill refused to return me back £500.

I make an enquiry online about Cefa/Cemap course and the impression I was given is the course includes exam and I asked time after time about the exams, resit and refund. 2days before Christmas I called Brendan and texted too to find out about the exam and he springed it on me that the course doesn’t include the exam that he was sorry he didn’t mentioned it earlier and today I asked for refund he refused and came up to refer to our website as we don’t give refund back all this time he has been feeding me with hope and I was thinking I'm getting great service for my £500, not sure where to start in order to get my money back help.

£500 is a lot of money for someone who is un employed just deeply hurt right now and confused.

Regards everyone

Help please

Edited by Rooster-UK
Format instruction s removed.

I booked CeFa / Cemap Course with a company called Beacon Financial Training Ltd. and the director called Brendan O'Neill was the one who dealt with my enquiries by emails.

Brendan refused to refund my £500 deposit; the total cost for search cemap/cefa Brendan was charging is £1,000 with the hope to pay another installment of £500 in January 2010 before starting the course late this month.

I make an enquiry online about Cefa/Cemap course and Brendan contacted me directly by emails and phone calls, the impression I was given about those courses was that it includes exams by Brendan and I asked time after time about the exams, and resits. However I was told I will need to pay for the resits by myself in a situation if I fail the exams. And assures me no problem if I changed my mind about the courses that I just need to let him know in advance.

2days before Christmas I called Brendan and texted too; to find out about the exam's location as the course were to take place in a hotel and I don’t no the exam's timetable and I decided to call Brendan as this doesn’t makes sense and he spring it on me that the course doesn’t include the exam that he was sorry he didn’t mentioned it earlier.

Brendan said:“I should have informed you about the exams saying that the cost is only for the course and you will have to book the exam with your local Pearson where people sit the exam for driving test; that sorry to be springing the exam information on now”.[/font]

And if I didn't texted Brendan or called him trying to find out if the exam will take place at the hotel this won’t have been brought to my attentions which I have the record of the txt. The exams will cost me over £800 separate from the course.

Which I explained clearly to Brendan that I won’t be able to do the course as the cost has let me down and if he had informed me about this I won’t be in a position to do the course that I will wait to hear from companies whom I have applied for jobs and they might sponsor the course which all this is stated in my previous emails. During this time Brendan suggested to think about it and perhaps I should just do one of the courses if I can’t afford the total cost also to think about it and let him know, which I replied to him; I will email first week in January 2010 of my decisions.

I emailed Brendan today and somehow he can’t recollect all our conversations or emails and refusing to refund the money back and I should refer back to terms and conditions on Beacon's website while he has been dealing me in person for weeks and failed to understand he has to return my money: not once during my enquires I was refer to the website as I asked for the member or Beacon Financial Ltd to deal with my enquiry in order to avoid and complications which is not even more complicated more than I bargain for.

All this time I thought I was getting a good service but it a [problem] and just feeding rubbish just for me to cough up money and money in Brendan's pocket now and he is trying to make an attempt where he doesn’t give back the money

£500 is a lot of money for someone who is un employed just deeply hurt right now and confused. What happens to providing right information’s and making honest living?

Threads merged. Please do not post multiple threads for the same consumer issue, thank you.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

still dont think its employment issue

It's not, which is why it is no longer in the employment forum! ;)

I moved it when I posted.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

• 4 weeks later...