HSBC, Metropolitan & SAR

monkeymad1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought they'd come along huffing and puffing, monkeymad :)

Just send DG that letter and attach a covering letter, acknowledging their latest one. You could say that any court action would be vigorously defended and that evidence would be produced to show that their client was in breach of the rules by putting one account in the Red to satisfy the balance on another ...........

Attach copies of your previous requests for action and give them 14 days to comply ,after which you should report them to the Ombudsman and Trading Standards .

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you've got documentary proof of their failure to comply , in the form of Recorded Delivery receipts and copies of all letters sent .... then let them keep piling up the negatives :cool:.... it won't do them a bit of good if it comes to court ,which I doubt it will, unless they're even dafter than I thought :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

monkeymad, their response should be interesting :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Wow! well done Monkeymad ! that tells them what it's all about :)

and as CB says , it will be interesting to see what they come back with ....

btw ....good afternoon CB :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Guest jsa12

watching this thread with interest,i am still waiting for my cca and have been since march,metropolitan had ignored at first, sent a letter two months later saying pay as agreed then i sent a dispute s10 had another letter stating they would reply when in a position to do so its been nearly two months since that and nothing.

given the treats of charging order's the kerfuffle with trading standard's which they were severely rebuked and their whole attitude has been far less then what would be expected of a financial institution.

the whole above sounds very typical of them.

Hi jsa12 :)

Send them a call up enclosing a copy of your letter and their reply.......give them 14 days to either produce the documents you require or confirm in writing that they do not have them (which they are bound by law to do) . Tell them failure will result in reports going to the institutions below ............

If they fail to produce or waffle ...... report them to the Information Commissioner (for breach of the Data Protection Act) Trading Standards for ignoring customers legal requests and the Financial Ombudsman for both ... (but don't hold your breath waiting for answers .. they're snowed under with these type of complaints )......probably TS is your best bet .

PS don't forget to send everything 'Recorded Delivery' :grin:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Guest jsa12

thanks for the reply,i dont want to be seen hijack the thread but its a pointer to the next set of events' and no doubt useful to many.

what happened to me they (metropolitan) wrote demanding a large increase in payments' and started making threats' charging order's/legal action and i am on benefit's,i was forced in involve trading standards to address the issue.

watching this thread with interest,i am still waiting for my cca and have been since march,metropolitan had ignored at first, sent a letter two months later saying pay as agreed then i sent a dispute s10 had another letter stating they would reply when in a position to do so its been nearly two months since that and nothing.

given the treats of charging order's the kerfuffle with trading standard's which they were severely rebuked and their whole attitude has been far less then what would be expected of a financial institution.

the whole above sounds very typical of them.

Your CCA request should have been made to the original Creditor (HSBC). Metropolitan are just playing silly beggars... they are a wholly own subsidiary of HSBC and probably sit in the same office :rolleyes:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well DG solicitors are liers, they inform you about court proceedings that took place but HAVE NOT, no more said for now, a lot to do, BE WARY of letters and contents from DG solicitors/law breakers.

Update I ment to post before, DG sent letter informing me a CCJ had been obtained and I would hear from Northampton soon, well after paying them monthly, a letter out of the blue from Northampton that the case has been sent to local court, I contacted Northampton by e.mail their response no judgement had been received as DG got paperwork wrong, on contacting local court informed case was stayed last august,. heard from DG phone late last year my circumstances have changed?? yes from short time through illness to Retired, answer O.K. heard no more, but if they start again in court I would wish to change pleadings now I know better, their CCA probably unefforceable as account 10yrs old approx?> etc etc. also after which I claimed back some charges, so default notice would be incorrect etc.?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 2 weeks later...

*** UPDATE ***

I have received another "standard" letter from D G Solicitors and I attach a copy with this post.

It is plainly apparent that these idiots have chosen to ignor my recent letter to them. Not surprising considering the history of this matter and the fact that they, HSBC and Metropolitan have all ignorred my earlier correspondence from the CCA request onwards!!!

Can anyone suggest a suitable reply or should I just ignor their letter and see what happens? Alternative should I write to DG and refer them to my earlier letter and also incorporate the CAG "withdrawing implied consent for access to my property" letter? If so, should I bypass D G and send the letter (by registered post) directly to the group chief executive of HSBC, Mr M F Geoghegan or the group charman, Mr S Green for their personal attention? (I bet I would get a reply!!!!).:)

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Monkeymad.

P.S I note the recent comments of MIKE770. It hope everything works out for him. It appears as though I am in for the "long haul". I get the impression that HSBC and their cronies ignor any requests that make life "uncomfortable" for them!

Received DG Solicitors letter 10-07-10.pdf

*** POSTSCRIPT ***

I have just realised that the letter I received from G D G Solicitors is dated 10 July and was sent to me by 2nd call post and received this morning (19 July) therefore giving me 1 day to reply to their deadline!!!!!

Deliberate ploy by these idiots to impose unachievable deadlines?

Monkeymad

Update I ment to post before, DG sent letter informing me a CCJ had been obtained and I would hear from Northampton soon, well after paying them monthly, a letter out of the blue from Northampton that the case has been sent to local court, I contacted Northampton by e.mail their response no judgement had been received as DG got paperwork wrong, on contacting local court informed case was stayed last august,. heard from DG phone late last year my circumstances have changed?? yes from short time through illness to Retired, answer O.K. heard no more, but if they start again in court I would wish to change pleadings now I know better, their CCA probably unefforceable as account 10yrs old approx?> etc etc. also after which I claimed back some charges, so default notice would be incorrect etc.?

Also their DN was only 7 days to act on (incl Bank Holiday).

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

by monkeymad1:If so, should I bypass D G and send the letter (by registered post) directly to the group chief executive of HSBC, Mr M F Geoghegan or the group charman, Mr S Green for their personal attention? (I bet I would get a reply!!!!).:-)

Unless it's changed ,I thought Paul Thurston was the guy ..... but no matter , i think the e-mail address will still be the same ....

Paul Thurston, Chief Executive HSBClink3.gif :-

managingdirectoruk@hsbc.c om

Quick action has been known to happen when people have e-mailed him with copies of letters ......and if you tell DG you've done it , you can bet they'll be breaking their necks to cover their mistakes before he starts asking awkward questions ..... :rolleyes:

Nemo me impune lacessit

As always, thanks for the advice johnnymitch.

I will email Mr Thurston and see what happens although before doing so I will take a bit of time to formulate the content of my email.

Monkeymad

Be interested to see your e-mail MM ...... ;)

Nemo me impune lacessit

/////////

Edited by The Debt Star
duplicated post

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Hello monkeymad.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

May I suggest you put the account in dispute with HSBC as well as Metroplitian if you have not done so already and then send this letter to Metropolitan. It will have the desired effect.

Dear Sirs,

Account name Monkeymad

Account No. 1234567

Your Customer HSBC Bank

Your correspondence to me of X and X refers.

The above named account is in dispute with HSBC Bank plc.

For your information I attach copy correspondence to HSBC Bank plc dated X, the contents of which are self-explanatory.

While the accounts remain in dispute I will not be in further correspondence with you. Any communication you send me will be filed. Any attempt to contact me any other way, for example by telephone or in person will be construed as harrassment and reported to the Police accordingly.

You would be advised that if you persist in contacting me while this account is in dispuite that I will also be making a separate and formal complaint about your company to Trading Standards, Consumer Direct and the Financial Ombudsmans Service, as you have contacted me concerning the above knowing that the account is in dispute.

Yours faithfully,

Monkeymad

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Metropoliton are HSBC in house DCA as is DG Sols.

I had understood Metropolitan to be a registered limited company and therefore a legally separate entity from HSBC, albeit with shares owned by them. As such, Metropolitan are a third party DCA and IMHO the account needs to e disputed with HSBC, with a suitable letter (as above) sending to Metro. But up to you.

Metro don't work for anyone else .....they are HSBC's In-house Collection branch Debt Star , likewise DG Sols are the 'In -House' (so -called ) legal branch .........:rolleyes:.

when you have time have a look at pete castlebest's experiences with MCS ........they're the bully boys who press for payment on behalf of HSBC ....it only looks like they're working on their own to those who don't know ..... but if you read the miniscule small print at the bottom of their letters it tells you they're they're HSBC .........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/125577-metropolitan-collection-services-action.html

Nemo me impune lacessit

Well, all I know is that I got a grovelling apology from Metro when I sent the above letter. My account was formally in dispute with HSBC. I mean, their apology was sycophantic and gut wrenching. I will happilly post up a copy if anyone is remotely interested.

I have also read the small print on the bottom of Metro's letters.

They are a limited company and registered separately (own RCN the works). They are therefore a separate legal entity and a third party DCA for all trading purposes. Which is why they flapped like scared chickens when I said I had reported them for a breach of the OFT's guidance on debt collection.

Knob jockeys they may be, but the fact that they are part of the HSBC Group is irrelevant as far as the FOS is concerned. HSBC own the company but they operate as a limited company. They are a third party company and are not technically HSBC. If they are pursuing a debt which is in dispute with the OC then they can and should be reported to the FOS, TS and Consumer Direct.

Also when writing to them demand that your letter be forwarded to their compliance officer.