World of sofa's (Land of Leather) NOW LIQUIDATED !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4842 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Dont know where I stand here, but part paid for a sofa deal from World of Sofas in Lakeside. Ordered a 2+3 leather recliner set for £1499.... in November.

They now show on their site that all sofas are better than half price in their sale. I am due to go in on the 4/1/2010 to make another payment towards the balance... but if this deal is reduced should they reduce the balance to reflect this ? No finance, paying on a Maestro card.

I was going to order from Harveys and they said they would do this is their sale started and the sofa was cheaper before delivery.

Many thanks

Unfortunately you are not entitled to the reduced price. You made a contract with the retailer at the agreed upon price and therefore are liable for to pay that price.

I am assuming you have received the sofa?

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Unfortunately you are not entitled to the reduced price. You made a contract with the retailer at the agreed upon price and therefore are liable for to pay that price.

I am assuming you have received the sofa?

No mate, its not due for delivery until Mid Feb 2010. This is why I am wondering if they will discount it to the new price ?

• 11 months later...

Ordered a sofa - and paid for it in it's entirety - in early September. Was told by Gareth - the manager and apparently one of the owners of the company - that we'd definitely get it before Christmas and that if there was any problem they would let us know ASAP. The twelve weeks that they asked us to allow for delivery crept away, and just prior to that time running out, we rang them asking if they had any idea as to when it might arrive. "We'll find out and let you know", says they. Except that they DON'T ring us back. We ring them again, they fob us off. Again. I call them a third time demanding to speak to Gareth the owner, who simply says "I don't know when your sofa's coming - maybe second week of January?" He starts blaming the November snows, I remind him that our suite was ordered in September, and tell him that a) he could have - and SHOULD have - let us know that we may not see our suite before Christmas, and b) at the very LEAST, should have been informing us of any problems, as he said that he would (and as claimed on the paperwork). His attitude was staggering, not the slightest bit apologetic or in any way concerned with my dissatisfaction. He says, "Look, this is going nowhere. Do you want a refund, or do you want to wait for your sofa?" This is the boss of the company, btw, so don't think that going to the top will help your enquiry along. They JUST DON'T CARE. To anyone thinking of ordering a new sofa: AVOID WORLD OF SOFAS AT ALL COSTS. They are a tinpot, two-bob operation of cowboys and shysters.

Hopefully you requested a refund! We tend to shop around catalogue shops for furniture due to so many horror stories and they are cheaper and you can get the item delivered within less than a week. A lot of the items are just as good as you will see in any High Street retail shop.

• 3 months later...

Just to update this ...

I finally got a replacement sofa, that they ordered without even telling me ! I had to chase them and they was like, on yes it will be here in 8 weeks... !

Anyway, I have noticed that the backs of one of the 2 seater recliners is now getting loose and has a lot of freeplay !!! as in around 3-4 inchs. I called World of Sofas up to ask them to come and look at this, being sofa was only replaced around May-July 2010... !!!!

I first of all get told that he can't find my order by the id number, then the guy on the phone tells me that WoS no longer exists and was liquidated !! and is now Riverside furniture (I think) trading as WoS.... Now, from some surfing around, It looks as though at least one of the Directors of Land of Leather, who then opened WoS after LoL went under... is now a Director of Riverside Furniture !!!

So, I was told in short... its unlikely they will help.... as they are not World of Sofas... !! yet are run by the same person etc

Can anyone help me here with some companies house queries on directors of the above companies. World of Sofas was a limited company I believe.

AVOID WORLD OF SOFAS !