Don't pay PPCs! Facebook campaign

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I have been a reader of both this and the Pepipoo forum for a while now, and a recipient of a few PPC invoices myself (unpaid of course!).

Thought you might be interested in a Facebook page I set up providing information about PPC tickets.

These forums are a godsend to people who might otherwise cave in to the threats of these companies, but the people who find the correct information Re: PPCs seem sadly to still be in a minority.

If it worked for Rage Against The Machine, I don't see why it shouldn't work for this!

[EDIT]

I'd also welcome any suggestions to improve the wording.

Cheers!

Edited by Rooster-UK
Unauthorised link removed.

Don't be a mug this year - you don't have to pay private parking tickets!

Find the campaign on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/You-dont-have-to-pay-private-parking-tickets-Spread-the-word/225644216626?ref=ts

Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/dontpayppcs

...stuff snipped....

Page Not Found | Facebook

I'd also welcome any suggestions to improve the wording.

Cheers!

Quoted from the above

"3. Can they affect my credit rating?

NO! The only way your credit rating could be affected by ignoring private parking companies is if you were taken to court, lost, and then still refused to pay."

MMmm...As far as I am aware (I'll stand correcetd) your credit rating can only be effected by unpaid debts originating from Credit Agreements - an unpaid Invoice for the supply of goods or services does not involve a Credit Agreement.

A CCJ on file may effect your ability to obtain Credit.

As we know that that ain't going to happen with a PPC Invoice.

Blagton.

Can we have a campaign to ban Facebook?

:D

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

The question Im asking

on facebook we publicly identify who we are.

could some non parking invoice legal action be taken against us for advising not to pay and ignore.

Like say, encoraging someone to breach a contract?

Technically speaking it is Tortious to encourage someone to break a contract. However for a case to be brought to court the PPC would have to establish the following:

1. A valid and legal contract existed

2. The person acting upon the advice was privy to the contract

3. Assuming that they prove the first two then they have to demonstrate what the actual loss was.

For PPC's they can't usually establish 1 and have a tough time with 2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a very big difference between actively instructing someone to commit tort, and simply informing them that they do not have to do something.

By the way, what was the reason behind removing the link?

Don't be a mug this year - you don't have to pay private parking tickets!

Find the campaign on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/You-dont-have-to-pay-private-parking-tickets-Spread-the-word/225644216626?ref=ts

Follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/dontpayppcs

If you think joining facebook is a harmless activity view the video at www. albumoftheday . com / facebook. All the information you post such as your education, favorite films, address, sexual preferences, friends, workplace etc etc is sold off to anyone who can afford it. Any information you post also becomes the property of Facebook to do what they want with including photos.

Thanks for the link G&M. Just confirmed what I've already know. A salient warning to all.

There is a very big difference between actively instructing someone to commit tort, and simply informing them that they do not have to do something.

Agree with that and I was attempting to make the point in my post. The big problem for the PPC is establishing a contract in the first place.

That said, some posters may be ignorant of the facts and may make admissions which make the PPC's job easier (e.g. confirming that they were the driver using their real name). Remember desparado's like Perky use this forum and other sources to try to entrap drivers. If they're not prepared or informed they can be stitched up like Stephen Thomas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A salutory lesson for us all ! :eek:

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

A salutory lesson for us all ! :eek:

My concerns where first raised when the 3rd party ads stated using my details its a bit worrying to see an ad stating....

Hi Steve theres plenty of single girls looking for a 41 year old single guy in Surbiton so sign up to meetagirlie.com now

(details changed I'm not THAT stupid)

The site is a data miners heaven with some people putting their whole life online. The fact that the ads can obtain my personal details also means my work place, school, email accounts, mobile numbers, clubs etc are all taken and used for whatever purpose the companies 'stealing' them seem fit. My advice if you must use it is to use the minimum info to register and make as much as possible false. Once you sign up you CANNOT cancel your account only suspend it the details remain on the server....be warned!

That's why I'll have nothing whatsoever to do with Facebook or any of the other social networking sites.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

You can be as open or as anonymous as you like on Facebook. True, you have to have an email address but you don't have to add any other personal details if you don't want to. I have friends on there who don't use their real names.

And, love it or hate it, it does seem to be the best way of getting through to the younger generation. I know my nieces wouldn't even consider going on a consumer forum but put something on Facebook and there's a chance they'll read it!

And as regards private parking tickets, most people will pay them because they don't know any different. Even a quick post on Facebook might make them think "do I have to pay this" and research it further instead of just paying it....

So, I think its worth a try.

Jan

You can be as open or as anonymous as you like on Facebook. True, you have to have an email address but you don't have to add any other personal details if you don't want to. I have friends on there who don't use their real names.

Doesn't social networking and being anonymous create a slight contradiction? What use does it provide, that MSN messenger, email or texting doesn't? Yes the younger generation think its great but they also think a Big Mac is a healthy nutitious meal and reality TV stars are celebrities. The sad reality of Rage Against The Machine winning the Xmas no.1 spot just goes to show how sheep like the 'facebookers' really are. Is it no wonder millions have been poured into facebook by dubious venture capitalists? With 350 million members and 50% logging on each day to share their daily consumer habits with multi nationals they are an advertisers dream. The company is currently valued at $15 billion which is surprising since they do not make or sell anything apart from its members personal data. The average member spends 55 minutes EVERY day on facebook which is nearly 7 hours a week......why??? Who needs virtual friends to send virtual gifts or give virtual hugs, when the world is full of REAL people the whole world has gone mad!

Everybody has personal data on everybody. You'll never escape it, so who cares?

On a seperate note, 5 mins a day is enough for me. Can't understand people who spend 30mins or an hour a day on there. It's good, but it's doesn't take long to read a few lines of text and view some new photos.

Everybody has personal data on everybody. You'll never escape it, so who cares?

I actually do care! Why should every aspect of my life be catalogued and recorded by some billion dollar company with sinister CIA linked funding. Today I logged on to my account which I created before I realised the implications (and cannot now delete) and found either a very strange coincidence or scary example of the companies activities.

5 years ago I worked for a local charitable organisation but parted company in less than amicable circumstances. I have had no contact with the organisation and have no friends connected with it. I currently only have my name and gmail address (which was created only a year ago) on my facebook account. I have never listed my association with the charity under my employment record. Today facebook had on its suggested list of possible friends the person who replaced me at the charity and was at the time my junior. We do not live anywhere near each other and have never had contact outside work nor spoken since she took my job. It may just be coincidence that out of the 300 million members it was a fluke but what are the odds in that?

Please don't post it, Jan.

I have just unapproved it on another thread, as it contains unauthorised web-addresses.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....