eon.. been without gas 24 hrs now.. help please...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya

i wondered if any one had any advice please...

my pre-payment gas meter suddenly stopped working yesterday morning, i went to the shop and bought credit, as i thought this might be the problem although i couldnt remember using the emrgency credit but thought maybe my son had...on my return i tried to apply the credit but the meter was displaying 0.00, i rang the shop to check if although my receipt was showing £10.00 was there any way the credit might not have been applied to the card, i was told that couldn't be the case, i first rang eon at 9.30 a.m and the woman advised me to go back to the shop and have them check my card, since i couldnt get out of my drive due to the weather conditions i couldnt do this, but my son arrived home and confirmed he hadnt put the emergency £5.00 on and we noticed the meter displayed 'call help' i did call eon (and realised they are using the term help very loosely!!!) i explained my situation and was told an engineer would call me back shortly,i waited an hour, he didnt! i rang again and was assured someone would be out within 4 hours, they werent!! we rang 8 times in all yesterday and each time we were told they worked until 11 p.m and someone would be out before then, guess what?! they werent!!

i have now been without hot water, heating and cooking facilities for 24 hrs!! and whilst i appreciate there may be people more needy than me,24hrs worth of people?? and if this is the case why cant they communicate with me? i sat in a freezing cold house all day waiting... and waiting!

my elderly mother and my 4 yr old grandaughter are meant to be coming to stay, but obviously they cant in conditions like this!

i am sorry for the rant, any thoughts and advice greatly appreciated

karen

Edited by karens25
missed a bit out!!

cap one - prelim letter sent 23/8 £460 owed

partial refund, now sod off letter received 6/9

lba 5/10, claim served 30th jan,

CAP ONE SETTLED IN FULL 15thTH FEB!!!

lloyds card services - prelim sent 23/8 £332 owed

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

claim issued via mcol 13/10

awaiting papers from SC&M

court date set for 26th March

nat west - Data Protection Act sent 11/7.. non compliance.. considering court action.

non compliance letter sent 29/8 giving them a further 7 days- gave them loads more days!!

5/10 lba sent for pre action disclosure

settled in full 2.1.07

cahoot - Data Protection Act sent 7/8 on hold for a while

Tesco - prelim sent 6/10 £200 owed

Ring EON again and tell them you have an elderly person and a young child on site... they'll treat it as a priority then. Unfortunately the national grid engineers are swamped with work at the moment with large areas having no supply, and with the driving conditions that is slowing everything down.

Normally call help is displayed if the meter is knocked it goes off supply for safety reasons

• Haha 1

thanks for your response nottslad, my mum and g.daughter not actually here yet, could i say they ar?, although my grandaughter was actually here all day yesterday and it made no difference! have rung them again anyhow, they now have someone fielding the calls, because there is obviously a high volume of calls, have just been told someone will call me back within the next few hours, they cant specify a time!

i understand they are swamped with work and its not their fault. but if they arent going to come id like to know this is my 2nd day off work waiting for the meter man!

thanks again

karen

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

nat west - Data Protection Act sent 11/7.. non compliance.. considering court action.

non compliance letter sent 29/8 giving them a further 7 days- gave them loads more days!!

settled in full 2.1.07

hi ozzywizzard

yes i got a call from a very apologetic guy from EON( i feel this guy had been drafted in especially for the job!) around 10 a.m yesterday saying my job was next one in my area, and an hour later an engineer turned up,and as you say it took him about 2 secs to reset the meter... warmth restored!!

thanks

karen

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

settled in full 2.1.07

Thats exelent news Karen, have a good christmas. unfortunatly you cannot claim for this loss of service under the service guarantee due to the clause regarding bad weather. Under normal circumstances it is a 4 hour call out and claim after 24 hours set amount per day.

Just a quick 'Well Done' to the posters on Karen's thread.

Nice one Ozzy and Nottslad :)

Glad to hear your nice and warm for Christmas Karens25 :)

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.