car my mrs and I bought from Credit Acceptance on March 18th 2000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a letter from Mackenzie Hall a few weeks ago. The letter stated I owed Marlin financial around £6,000 and they where going to collect the debt.

I have no recollection of any debt to either Marlin Financial or Mackenzie Hall so I wrote to them saying prove that this debt is mine, if you can`t then B***er Off etc.

Well blow me down with the proverbial, if around a fortnight later I don`t get another letter from Muck All enclosing details of a car my mrs and I bought from Credit Acceptance on March 18th 2000 according to these details.

Now the story of the car is a long one. Usual thing, spent more time in the garage being fixed than on the road. Eventually convinced them to come and collect it after about 12 weeks or so. Saga continued for a long time but that may be for later.

Muck Hall in their letter state " I notice you are disputing the balance owing to Marlin Financial Services, and has a result I enclose the full documentation file we hold blah! blah!..... I trust this satisfies your request and confirms that you are indeed liable for the outstanding balance due".

Now what is really stumping me is that this is a final response and they say " I trust this satisfies your request...... you can contact the Ombudsman blah! again.

Can I still send the statute barred letter to them, just to let them know that I know they are a bunch of *ankers? If this is a final response is it worth me doing that? Or, should I ignore them and report them to Trading Standards and The Office of fair trading etc.

All opinions welcome Please.

Cheers, MARK:-o

Ever CAGger should make a complaint to the OFT and TS as a matter of course.

If your confident that it is SB then send them the relevant template along with my Christmas wishes! Not heard off Marlin for ages, well ever since they were aired and shown up to be what they really are on the TV..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks V much Baz. I have letters to OFT and Trading Standards already to go.

What I was worrying about is that they sent this as a final response. Do they not have to complete their own complaints procedure first? And, when I send the SB stuff, will they bother to acknowledge? If they don`t how will I know if they get the message or not? They could do things that I wouldn`t know about until too late.

Cheers,MARK

Send the SB letter via recorded delivery, and then you know they have received it. PRINT your name do not sign.

Then if they choose to ignore it, that is their lookout. There is nothing they can do, once it is SB then it remains SB and nothing will change that. Are you certain that this is SB?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just another quick one. Bazooka or anybody. What do I send to OFT and TS to prove the *ankers are trying it on with a Statued Barred Debt? Do I send all of the so called file they sent? It does state on several occasions 18th March 2000.

Cheers, MARK

Just tell the OFT that you have made these clowns aware that the Debt is SB, yet they are still continuing with collection activity. They will make a note of it, and TS should come down hard on them.

Thank You. Merry Christmas to you. All the best for a great New Year.

Cheers, MARK.:D

And to you also! A happy prosperous and DCA free year to you....Boo:D

simountain thanks for your input. Didn`t have a clue what this was about until we got so called file. That is terrible as well, no T & C`s and lots more wrong with that if they want anybody to abide by that then it is not going to happen.

All the paperwork says Credit Acceptance. May be the same company? If you sorted yours though it should be the same routine for me to F**k these lot off.

Let me now what you did please.

Cheeers, MARK

I was in the similar situation but I Volentary Terminated the agreement and gave the car back after half of the agreement was paid.

All fine as far as I was concerned until nearly 3 years after I get a letter from Marlin Financial saying that I owe the remaining balance of the account.

On questioning this I told them that the agreement was VT'd but they insisted that there was a default on the account which there was not.

No joy comunicating with the normal Monkeys as they were just stating that because of a missed payment the account was due for payment in full.

Basically Auto Credit Trust went into administration and Price Waterhouse Cooper the administrator sold on all the accounts to Marlin.

I emailed a guy at Marlin I'll PM you the email address if I still have it and that seemed to have got the problem sorted within a few days

Hope this helps I just explained the details as they were and the agreed that the account was settled when the car was handed back.

Just prooves that sometimes its better speaking to the organ grinder

• dx100uk changed the title to car my mrs and I bought from Credit Acceptance on March 18th 2000