style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just had a visit from a baliff today was just looking for a bit of help or advice.

Basically me and my girlfriend rented a flat from last june till january. It was a new build so it hadnt been banded by the council then - therefore we didnt pay any council tax. We made numerous calls to them just to keep getting told that wed be contacted about it when it was banded and how much we needed to pay - we werent.

Anyway, just before we moved out we received a letter from the courts & council saying it was going to court as we hadnt paid anything. We accepted this and waited for response - i think it was something along the lines of if we didnt pay or setup payment plans baliffs could take our posessions. This was back in January, and we couldnt get time off work to attend the hearing - i think it was a liability order granted?

Since moving back to my mams ive heard nothing from the council - even though ive contacted them 3 or 4 times asking to set up a payment plan and giving my new address. All ive been told is that they will send a payment book. They have sent nothing.

To cut a long story short its been a bad year and this was at the back of my mind until today when i got a visit from a baliff demanding payment in full or he could remove my possessions.

I live at my mams and really have none of my possessions here apart from my clothes. I told him i was on the sick at the moment but offered to make some sort of payment, which he refused and said he needs the payment in full by Monday. Im on the sick for depression at the moment - and the baliff also asked me if i could borrow the money from family or friends - which after reading up about the subject is wrong and violates their terms or can be classed as harassment?

I did let the baliff inside of the house also, which im kicking myself about now, can he prove this if i say he hasnt been?

I was directed here from mse forums - and also advised this -

You need to get your mum to sign a statuary declaration saying that all the furniture etc in the house is hers, get it witnessed by a solicitor (£5) and then keep it to hand to show the bailiff if/when he comes back.

Is that correct?

Im contacting the council tomorrow also about the situation - il lpost the outcome on here aswell

Im just looking for a bit of advice or guidence on what to do next and if anyone had been in a similar position?

Thanks for any advice

Edited by deejay2412

this is what you need for your mum

STATUTORY DECLARATION

To: (the bailiffs) (their address)

I (your name)

of (your address)

Do solemnly and sincerely declare that:

the items listed (list them) are not the property of (your friends name) and (reason why they were there) and have always been my sole property

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835 and Section 5 of The Perjury Act 1911.

Signature:

Declared at

On the day of two thousand and

Before me

A Commissioner for Oaths, or Notary Public/Justice of the Peace/Solicitor having the powers conferred on a Commissioner for OathsBefore me

you need to take to a A Commissioner for Oaths, or Notary Public/Justice of the Peace/Solicitor having the powers conferred on a Commissioner for OathsBefore me

they witness it and you send a copy to the bailiff company by recorded delivery

Because of your depression, you are classed as "vulnerable" according to the National Standards for Enforcement Agents and accordingly, the bailiff company should return the account back to the local authority.

You must WRITE to them to advise of your circumstances and to confirm that you live with your mother in her home and that with the exception of nominal items of limited value all gods are owned by your mother.

I have sent you a PM with the name of an individual at Equita who you should address an e-mail to.

• Haha 1