End of 3 mobile contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am on an 18 month mobille phone contract with 3 mobile.

I am now today at the end of 17 months into my contract,

And wish to leave 3,

Can I ring them now and give them 30 days notice,

Or do I need to send a letter.

Or do I need to wait untill the 18 month is up.

Thanks.

Phone AND write, giving your termination date as the anniversary (18 months) of your sign-up date. If you do this to fit in with your billing cycle, it keeps things neat and tidy.

By doing both, you ensure to opportunity for mistake - if you want to keep your mobile number, ask for a PAC number to facilitate transfer, but if you have no interest in this - do not be enticed to do so, as it can complicate things if pre-pay SIMs are mentioned as an alternative to leaving.

In view of a number of threads relating to terminating with 3 on the 3G forum, I suggest that you contact them by phone to advise that you are leaving and get the name of the person that you are speaking to and also confirmation of the date and time that they have entered it onto their computers.

Follow this up with a written request to the head office in Glasgow and send it recorded mail for a signature. Hopefully this will cover you as many people have complained that although they gave notice verbally it was never acknowledged on their systems and they could not transfer away from 3.

As a follow up, phone back a week later and check that it is logged that you are terminating your contract. Their CS is appalling which is why nothing gets noted down.

• Haha 1

I had a 12mnth contract..which imagined was a 18 mnth one. when i phoned to confirm that i'd written cancelling my contract i was told that ......wait for this...

" Oh, writing in is a waste a time! We dont have enough people to answer letters and also Sir (i hate that) its Farrr more efficient YOU ringing in! "

So write AND phone in buddy...

good luck

3 Customer Services

Hutchison 3G UK Ltd

PO Box 333

123 St Vincent Street

GLASGOW G2 9AG

Data Protection and Privacy Officer,

Hutchison 3G UK Limited,

Star House,

20 Grenfell Road,

Maidenhead,

Berks SL6 1EH

• 3 years later...

Hi

I have been with three for years now. But due to a disability I have had to stop work and now find myself on benefits and the added burden of rent and council tax to pay.

I have rang three on several occasions to end my contract, But they have just ignored my request,

They have stated I have to pay the full amount by card on the phone to cancel my contract.

I can’t afford to do this but would like to pay monthly amounts But the Indian call center workers are just robots reading from a script,

They even asked if I could get a friend or family member to take over my contract,

What I need is the correct address to contact three mobile in the uk.

The Indian call center have told me that no such address exists.

I am now getting calls from three mobile 3 or 4 times a day now and they wont allow me to cancel my contract,

Can anyone help thanks.

Hi Microbar and welcome to CAG

The address you want is

3 Customer Services,

Hutchison 3G UK Ltd,

PO Box 333,

Glasgow

G2 9AG.

http://www.three.co.uk/Contact_us/Write_to_us

Are you still in contract?

Have you given 30 days notice if out of contract?

If you are still in contract they will hit you with an early termination fee, normaly equal to the monthy line rental x months left minus any discount they may give.

If still in contract ask if they can drop you to a lower plan for the remainder of your contract.

Hope this helps

M

<<< If I have helped please click my star :-D

Get The Consumer Survival Handbook

• 5 months later...

I cancelled my contract that had come to an end with three mobile.

I was offered the world from three who where very pushy but I insisted on the cancellation.

At the end of the call I asked again for confirmation of cancelation and was assured my contract had been cancelled.

Then 3 days later I got a call from three again asking me why I was considering cancelling my account.

I reminded the agent I was not considering but had cancelled 3 days earlier. He then said that was not the case but it was still in the process of being cancelled, But he then went on to offer me a new Samsung galaxy three for £8 5000 texts 300 minutes, I queried this I said it cant be a Samsung galaxy three did he mean a Samsung galaxy 3 mini he then said yes that was it a mini. As this seemed like a good deal I went for it, But asked for a message to confirm all the details.

I got the message 24 hours later but the mobile is not the Samsung galaxy 3 mini but a Samsung galaxy fame which is a very poor mobile on looking at the specs. I have therefore been miss-sold a mobile over the phone.

My question is can I refuse delivery and would refusing delivery cancel this new contract.

If I refuse delivery do I have to ask the courier for a note saying the mobile has been returned thanks.:roll:

Edited by microbar

You have a right under DSR to cancel. Just refuse to take delivery, then inform the operator what you have done and why, and you wish to cancel.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Nope. It will just be returned as undelivered or refusal to accept. You can always ask for a note though.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D