style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , could some1 please advise me, I paid last yrs council tax in cash in their office but didnt keep the receipts, to cut a long story short the council said theres no proof & i must pay it.(again) the balance sent to rossendales was £359 i have arranged a IVA which is us going through now & because its last yrs council tax arears they say i can add it to the iva. i explained this to the council but they will not put it on hold till they get something from court ence why its with rossendales. Anyway, Rosendales have been to my property twice which i didnt answer & left letters saying they are going to take my car & get goods without me been there.

They have handwritten on the letter this & say my balance i owe now is £608.00 this is £42.50 1st visit-£37,00 2nd visit - £110 levy or walking possession fee and £59.50 -other.

I have not signed anything or agreed anything with them.

The baliff as said over the phone he is sending it back to court toget me arrested.

I am nearly 9month pregnant, already have a 18month old & nearly christmas. could any1 advise me what to do as i a worried sick & not heard from them since he said was sending it back to court.

Hi , could some1 please advise me, I paid last yrs council tax in cash in their office but didnt keep the receipts, to cut a long story short the council said theres no proof & i must pay it.(again) the balance sent to rossendales was £359 i have arranged a IVA which is us going through now & because its last yrs council tax arears they say i can add it to the iva. i explained this to the council but they will not put it on hold till they get something from court ence why its with rossendales. Anyway, Rosendales have been to my property twice which i didnt answer & left letters saying they are going to take my car & get goods without me been there.

They have handwritten on the letter this & say my balance i owe now is £608.00 this is £42.50 1st visit-£37,00 2nd visit - £110 levy or walking possession fee and £59.50 -other.

I have not signed anything or agreed anything with them.

The baliff as said over the phone he is sending it back to court toget me arrested.

I am nearly 9month pregnant, already have a 18month old & nearly christmas. could any1 advise me what to do as i a worried sick & not heard from them since he said was sending it back to court.

Hi there

Rossendales is my PET HATE -- am investigating a number of avenues to have them shut down for good.

However

1) -- If you PAID the council tax the council MUST have a record of it so ring them and get the receipt.

2) For Council Tax these people have 100% NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to enter your property -- if they don't leave on request -- BUT NEVER EVER let them in - even if a guy says "Can I use your Loo--a favorite to gain admittance" they are TRESPASSING and you have the normal right to "Repel Boarders" (sorry but as an ex Navy guy that's the best expression I can find for ejecting them from your property).

In any case there are set fees for Council tax collections -- 24.50 GBP for a first Visit and 18.00 for a second visit -- and in any case as I said before you DON'T have (in fact DO NOT EVER) let them in.

"Van charges" etc are TOTALLY ILLEGAL - they can bring a Battleship around for all they say but 24.50 GBP is IT if you want to pay them (and I wouldn't bother) - but the charges are laid down by Law -- and if you don't let them in their charges are uncollectable in any case.

After 90 days the bill must go back to the council.

If you have offered to pay or make any arrangement at all with the council and they refuse no court on the planet will condemn you and whatever the bailiff's tell you will be JUST LIES.

so NEVER EVER pay these scumbags and NEVER EVER let them into your house whatever they say unless (and it's most unlikely) they have a Police Officer with them .

Just go back to the council with an offer of re-payment and if they refuse keep the money aside -- you'll win 100% in any highly unlikely court action.

"Bankruptcy to all bailiff Firms --especially Rossendales."

You CANNOT be arrested without a whole slew of legal stuff taking place first

Rossendales are totally LYING to you if they are threatening this action - which itself is undue Harrasement and if you can find a decent solicitor is good cause for yet another complaint against these lying thieving scumbags.

Cheers

jimbo

Edited by jimbo45

Thankyou so much for your reply jimbo, I have printed off the letter templetes saying i feel they are over charging me & i would like a breakdown of how they get to £608.00 which i will post tomorrow. I will write to the council offering payment. I was so worried as I have been tying to sort this for a year now with the council & they have just passed it on. they even said to me oh if someone as inputted 1 digit wrong and its gone onto the wrong account it will be like tying to find a needle in a haystack.

If I get behind with council tax i just pay via their website. It gets accepted electronically so they get no choice. Also it means you can print off e-receipts so if they then take you to court you can just turn up with the receipts saying here's the proof.

Please please can some one help me. A bailiff from Rossendales came around 2 months ago and my husband signed a walking possession agreement with out knowing what it was. I filled in the form about our income and out goings and sent it back to them with an offer of paying them £20 a month as we are on a low income and trying to paying off other debts. They sent us a letter asking for £120 a week which we could not afford to pay. My husband contacted them and said we could not pay this amount but they were not interested in listening. The next thing while I was out a bailiff came around and left a Magistrates Liability order/ Distress Warrent for £1473.89 and the bailiff contact name and number.

My husband phoned the bailiff (Stev Curnow) and asked him if we could pay instualments but the bailiff said no and he wanted the full amount in 7days. So my husband contacted the Rossendales office and they said that the bailiff could except instualments. After leaving several voicemail messages Stev Curnow got back to my husband and he in formed Stev that we could only raise £550. He excepted this amount and met my husband at his work place to collect the money. But he would only take £535 and not the remaining £15 pounds as it was in change of £1 coins. He said it was incoveneant to take the change. My husband again offered to pay Stev instulments each month which he would not except unless we payed him £900. (wich ment we had £400 to find) He said he wanted this to be payed by the monday. (4 days latter)

Stev Curnow then contacted my husband today (monday) and my husband told him that we can not raise that amount of money in such a short amount of time and would he give us longer. Stev Curnow would not give us more time and told my husband that he would be around to the house on Wednesday to empty our house of goods.

We just can not find this amount of money and I do not know what to do now. We have 3 children aged 12 years, 18 months and 5 months and I need to be able to feed and clothe them. I am really scard they are not even going to be able to have Christmas prescents.

Please Please can some one give me some advice. ASAP as this Stev Curnow is coming around in 2 days.

Hi Emulife

You will be better off starting a new thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168 rather than tagging on to an existing one. Plenty of help and advice available.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]