192.com people finder

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good point count orlock! with regards to the consumers who have letters already drafted, ready to send to their MP's. if 192.com do not remove the data in the time frame, WHY wait! send them anyway because this outfit needs shutting down. we are lucky inasmuch as we have found the site and are doing something about it.what about the people who have never heard of the site and do not know that their data such as tel No. DOB. and mothers maiden name is their for all the [problematic] and lowlifes of society to see.can I remind you, if you find yourself on this site and are appalled, then please tell family/friends etc to check their details and dont forget to mention this site and the forms that are available to get their data took off.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a reply to my DSAR last week.

There seems to a strange disconnect somewhere in that organisation : on their website my name and address is displayed. They state in their letter they do not have any name and address information for me ...

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

times up for 192.com today in fact I gave then two extra days, so tomorrow first thing off goes another letter to them with the full terms of the S10 notice with DO NOT IGNORE in red at the top (an idea I got from the DCA's). Along with letters to the ICO, TS and my MP who is already aware of them and asked me to contact him when/if they responded.

I fully intend to serve legal papers on them if they don't comply.

times up for 192.com today in fact I gave then two extra days, so tomorrow first thing off goes another letter to them with the full terms of the S10 notice with DO NOT IGNORE in red at the top (an idea I got from the DCA's). Along with letters to the ICO, TS and my MP who is already aware of them and asked me to contact him when/if they responded.

I fully intend to serve legal papers on them if they don't comply.

if you do and wish to site more cases of them not replying the gladly use my case

the following went off to 192.com today.

Customer Services Manager

192.com

Unit 8-10 Quayside Lodge

William Morris Way

London CT11 0JR

SW6 2UZ

18 January 2010

Dear Miss ,

Thank you for your reply of 15th Jan 2010 regarding my Section 10 notice of the Data Protection Act 1980.

I note that you have removed my electoral role information from your records. However as my previous correspondence stated, I require you to confirm to me in writing that ALL information held on your systems is removed and that you will cease the automatic/manual processing of my data. By all I mean ANY information relating to me, births, deaths, marriages, telephone numbers, linked addresses etc. I have never given your company prior consent to publish or process my data, regardless if it is in the public domain or not. I also require confirmation that my data will never again be processed by your group of companies.

Please also note, my Section 10 notice under the Data Protection Act 1980 has already been served and confirmed as received by you. Guidelines state that you have 21 days to confirm this to me in writing. I will however give another 14 days from delivery of this letter, in order for you to respond to my full request.

If I do not receive notice as required by sec 10 (3) of the Data Protection Act 1980 I will report your company to the Information Commissioners Office and start legal proceedings with view to a court case seeking compensation for the unlawful processing of my data.

Yours sincerely

the following went off to 192.com today.

Customer Services Manager

192.com

Unit 8-10 Quayside Lodge

William Morris Way

London CT11 0JR

SW6 2UZ

18 January 2010

Dear Miss ,

Thank you for your reply of 15th Jan 2010 regarding my Section 10 notice of the Data Protection Act 1980.

I note that you have removed my electoral role information from your records. However as my previous correspondence stated, I require you to confirm to me in writing that ALL information held on your systems is removed and that you will cease the automatic/manual processing of my data. By all I mean ANY information relating to me, births, deaths, marriages, telephone numbers, linked addresses etc. I have never given your company prior consent to publish or process my data, regardless if it is in the public domain or not. I also require confirmation that my data will never again be processed by your group of companies.

Please also note, my Section 10 notice under the Data Protection Act 1980 has already been served and confirmed as received by you. Guidelines state that you have 21 days to confirm this to me in writing. I will however give another 14 days from delivery of this letter, in order for you to respond to my full request.

If I do not receive notice as required by sec 10 (3) of the Data Protection Act 1980 I will report your company to the Information Commissioners Office and start legal proceedings with view to a court case seeking compensation for the unlawful processing of my data.

Yours sincerely

not sure if you have sent it yet but thought I would highlight the bits in red. Altho the section 10 still stands.

Can anyone help me with what forms I need to get from the court in order to start legal procedings should I need to.

I'm holding off at the moment but I would like to at least get the paper work from the court so I can start going though it.

Can someone also clear up the S10 data protection act for me I was under the impression it was 1998 and yet 192.com are stating 1980 on there correspondance?

Can anyone help me with what forms I need to get from the court in order to start legal procedings should I need to.

I'm holding off at the moment but I would like to at least get the paper work from the court so I can start going though it.

Can someone also clear up the S10 data protection act for me I was under the impression it was 1998 and yet 192.com are stating 1980 on there correspondance?

I Have Spent Some Time Reading This Thread. The Issues Raised Are Appalling And Very, Very Frightening!!!:shock:

After Doing A Search On My Self And Finding That The Information There Is Flawed, I Have Come To A Conclusion The Implications Of Which Frighten Me Even More!!!:eek:

DAVID IKE WAS AND IS RIGHT!!!:(

I managed to remove most of our person details from this site via their own form. However, I am a director of a company and this is available, along with my age, address and other details.

I called their office and spoke to some stroppy woman who said a S10 DPA request would remove the details but they would reappear very soon, and keep reappearing everytime I removed them and basically I would have to live with it! Oh yeah! lets see!

You can change your service address (CO10 is the form I think) at companies house from your hyome address to your registered office if they are different which will keep your home private.

In the sectuion 10 notice, you are asking them to cease processing your data. It is worth pointing out to them that they are exposing you to significant risk of harm by packaging your data in this way. The don't have a choice in the matter.

Just to let everyone know, I have received the usual response from 192.com recently and now have sent my third and final letter to them regarding the use of my data. I had the usual rubbish about the public domain etc etc. I have informed them in this letter that it will be the last I send, as now a letter has been sent to ICO my MP, Watchdog and TS. From now on I will not communicate with them any further and am waiting the response from the ICO before starting legal action.

Well done! thay are still processing my data as well by way of directors report. Thank you Kurvaface for comment re address change, it is not convenient for me to do this. I simply want them to cease processing anything on me.

I think I'll be going down the same route.

My 2nd letter stated that they did not have my permission to process my data manualy or automaticly regardless if it was in the public domain and I certainly did not give them permission to charge for it.

I also stated that I wanted it confirmed in writing that my data would never again be processed by there group of companies.

Just to let everyone know, I have received the usual response from 192.com recently and now have sent my third and final letter to them regarding the use of my data. I had the usual rubbish about the public domain etc etc. I have informed them in this letter that it will be the last I send, as now a letter has been sent to ICO my MP, Watchdog and TS. From now on I will not communicate with them any further and am waiting the response from the ICO before starting legal action.

192 are in receipt of my section 10 reminder and I await a response.....

Any templates for complaint letters to MPs etc....?

I just wrote to my MP stating the obvious. (Packaging and reselling my data exposes me to risk, their audit system will not prevent this crime and only at best help trace a fraudster after damage is done)

My MP wrote back saying he is looking into it.