Egg OFT guideline breaches?

frankzappa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wish to ascertain whether I am able to bring a legitimate complaint against Egg for a possible breach of OFT guidelines.

I am currently in dispute over a credit card debt owed to Egg. I am in the process of reclaiming PPI and other charges and am therefore disputing the amount owed. Egg have recently sold the debt to Apex Credit Management before the claim has been settled.

Does this action constitute a breach of OFT Debt collection guidelines? Specifically, 'deceptive and/or unfair methods' 2.8 "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."?

Secondly, I believe that Egg did not pass on information to Apex that the debt was in dispute. Would this be a breach of guideline 2.6 "not ensuring that an adequate history of the debt is passed on..." ?

If these are breaches would these be sufficient for me to bring a formal complaint against Egg?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks & keep up the good fight!

The answer is probably yes...and..no.

Like many of these cases, you say it's in dispute, Egg will say it isn't. As there is no clear guidance as to exactly what a dispute is then thats the way it will stay.

I too am now in the Egg sold my debt to Apex club and I cant say I really care, I doubt Apex have the legal/financial clout to take court action against many of these new Egg debts, if makes you wonder why Egg where so desperate to offload them all ?

Andy