fpc -frederickson international -WHO ARE THEY?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have stuff on this surrey outfit - they're sent to me by capital one to recover money but won't have anyone sign their letters by name and won't tell me if they have a relationship (other than client) with cap one. Do they really own the debt? fpc say that it's cap one who decide whether or not they can accept reduced payments (they demand 3% minimum per month) IT ALL SEEMS A BIT FISHY!!:-o

If you browse around here you will find Fredrickson's name pops up regularly. You might even come across some of my posts ...:)

Fredricksons is the debt collecting arm of Bryan Carter Solicitors in Weybridge, Surrey. BC is known for dubious tactics.

Fredricksons are known for employing people who, probably because the poor education system in this country, are unable to read. Much like any other DCA.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Do this search in google:

Fredricksons site:consumeractiongroup.co.uk

-take the space out in the .co bit

like so:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Fredricksons+site%3Aconsumeractiongroup.co.uk&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

That will give you every cag post that contains the word fredricksons

Thanks - P and H - I couldn't find either 'fpc' at their address (there are lots of other 'fpc's) or Fred International through Comp House - 'Companies House only registers private and public limited companies, limited liability partnerships, and certain other corporate types. There is no central registry for unincorporated businesses, such as sole traders or partnerships.' So this means that Fred Int are a partnership? Am I, then, entitled to know who the partners are?

Try this one -

FREDRICKSON INTERNATIONAL LIMITED

FIFTH FLOOR

7-10 CHANDOS STREET

LONDON

W1G 9DQ

Company No. 02679522

PO Box 260

Weybridge

Surrey KT13 0YH

Tel : 02031 478 000

http://www.fredricksoninternational.co.uk

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

Also, from their website -

As part of the Fredrickson Holdings Group of Companies, Fredrickson International Limited provide a range of debt collection and ancillary services.

Additional information about other companies in the group can be found at:www.freds.com

We set out with a simple set of ambitions:

• To be the leading and best overall collection agency in the industry.
  • To provide our clients with innovative and value added solutions to their individual needs and requirements.
  • To maximise recoveries, in the shortest possible time frame, at the lowest cost to our clients.

Put quite simply, we aim to perform ' ...Beyond your expectations '

The freds website is also quite interesting. One of Fredrickson's sister companies is one which is also well known on CAG - SRJ!

• 3 years later...

I've received a letter I assume on behalf of 1st Credit (sorry NOT Cap1) who are in response from an old debt under AA which was under British Gas Reserve... from FPC - Frederickson International with no details other than a ref no and crap about data protection details so no other info. No signature just a squiggle! The registered address on bottom of letter is:- Enterprise House, One Apex View, Leeds, Ls11 9BH.. Company no. 2679522. Letterhead address is PO Box 260, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0YH. Tel:08458396097. Not responding to them obviously..

Edited by Pappillon54

What has been their approach, have they advised they are collecting on behalf of Capone or that they are the new owners.

Unless or until they are clear about their position and what they want, then I guess you do not have to make contact with them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is first I've heard of it, quite out of the blue. Last letter I received regarding this old debt was a month or so ago from 1st credit (sorry not cap1) I've not paid them since 2010 due to financial and health problems and have no means to, if anything I'm poorer now with the bedroom tax etc hitting me than ever before! Citizens Advice were trying to assist years ago but they ignored them too. They've tracked me down to my new address... Details on letter are as in message above.

Ah, so it looks like they are acting on behalf of 1st Credit - have you received a notice of assignment (sale) from 1st credit ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No. As I say this is first since last 1st credit letter. 1st credit had been quite for about a year before they tracked me down to new address.. (I wasn't running - emergency move). I think last letter suggested doorstep visitor, or sell on, and demanding financial sheet completion (which I didn't do) but nothing since.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just received a letter from FPC (aka Fredrickson International) today. The funny thing is it comes from FPC in one of their envelopes but is produced on lookalike Capital One paper and reads as if produced and sent from Capital One. In my view misleading at best and could even be interpreted as fraudulent.

“We write to inform you that we have instructed FPC to act on our behalf”. Why not send your own letter telling me we are now acting for Capital One? Its ok I know why. Because they know Capital One should inform a customer when and to whom they have assigned the account.

I will send a copy to TS. on Monday for their view.

I have dealt with Fredrickson International before and look forward to dealing with the offspring.

The last time they owned the debt and use good old Bryan Carter (bless him), this time they are only acting as an agent. I am not a betting man but I have an idea they will soon send the account back to Capital One.

Why do these DCA’s not get it into their heads that if they acted responsibly and stopped being underhanded and ceased the attempts at bullying people and telling untruths, that they would end up collecting far more debts?

The moral of this story is never trust a DCA.

They get far more money from spoofing and intimidating people.

Link financial is a prime example.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have just received a letter from FPC (aka Fredrickson International) today. The funny thing is it comes from FPC in one of their envelopes but is produced on lookalike Capital One paper and reads as if produced and sent from Capital One. In my view misleading at best and could even be interpreted as fraudulent.

“We write to inform you that we have instructed FPC to act on our behalf”. Why not send your own letter telling me we are now acting for Capital One? Its ok I know why. Because they know Capital One should inform a customer when and to whom they have assigned the account.

I will send a copy to TS. on Monday for their view.

I have dealt with Fredrickson International before and look forward to dealing with the offspring.

The last time they owned the debt and use good old Bryan Carter (bless him), this time they are only acting as an agent. I am not a betting man but I have an idea they will soon send the account back to Capital One.

Why do these DCA’s not get it into their heads that if they acted responsibly and stopped being underhanded and ceased the attempts at bullying people and telling untruths, that they would end up collecting far more debts?

You don't really believe that last paragraph do you?

• 3 weeks later...