Thomas Cook changing flight details

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I booked a flight and hotel package with Flexible Trips (Thomas Cook) online in June. I am due to fly on the 1st December, with two layovers at Amsterdam and Detroit, ending up in Las Vegas.

On the original booking, I saw that the flight had a layover in Deroit for 2 hours, and thought it would be nice to catch up with a friend who works in the airport. I have had about 8 confirmations from Flexible Trips with Detroit marked as a layover on all of them.

Last night I was looking at the flight details online, and checked the flight numbers online. When I did this, it turns out that the flight I am getting is going from Amsterdam to Minneapolis.

I e-mailed Flexible Trips to check this, who have sent an e-mail with new flight details going via Minneapolis. As you can understand, I am pretty annoyed as I am not going to be able to meet my friend now.

Tomorrow I will be calling Flexible Trips to complain about this, but just wanted to know where I stand in regards getting the flights changed. As stated above, I have 8 confirmations with Detroit written on them, along with my flight vouchers, again stating Detroit. Does it make any difference that they never told me about the change, and that I had to find out for myself.

I hope someone can help me, but just wanted to check where I would stand when I call them.

Thank you,

Smoore102

Hi,

Yes they should have told you and you have grounds for complaint there, but I dont fancy your chances of having it changed. Flexible Trips are an agency that hold an ATOL licence (which also makes them a Tour Op).

I'm going to make a stab in the dark here... are you flying with KLM? Just an assumption given that you are flying via Ams.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the original booking, it might be that the airline has changed the route, they do that sometimes and are well withinh their rights to do so. As they see it, the stop is just that, its an insignificant part of your holiday as far as they are concerned, you get to your final destination, end of! (sorry that sounds quite blunt, lol)

Now if you airline does go via Detroit, you may be able to get it changed back (if it ever was Detroit, I'm starting to think cock up at Flex here) Have your flight times changed on your new invoice or are they the same as before?

If you can look back over the old invoices, send the flt numbers and times on there, and also the new invoice ones too (pm me if you want to keep that part private) and I'll take a look and try and advise from there!

Oh me, btw, I'm a Travel Agent of 10 yrs, just incase you were wondering about my credentials, lol, I'm not just some nutter, lol

Hope I can help some more ;)

Heidi

I am not a legal expert, any advice I give is based purley on experience or opinion.

Please tip the scales if you feel I have helped you!! :D

Hello Heidi,

Thank you for your reply. Disappointed that you are not a random nutter though :-).

All the invoices I have had are pretty much the same. They all contain the same flight numbers and times, which are below. I think they must get bonuses for the amount of confirmation e-mails they send out, they have sent me loads.

Here are the details from the original confirmations:

Tue 1 Dec 2009 06:20 Humberside to Amsterdam Tue 1 Dec 2009 08:35 nw08796 / Klm Airways

Tue 1 Dec 2009 10:20 Amsterdam to Detroit Metro Tue 1 Dec 2009 12:40 NW00041 / Klm Airways

Tue 1 Dec 2009 14:30 Detroit Metro to Las Vegas Mccarran Tue 1 Dec 2009 15:48 NW00195 / Klm Airways

These are the details from the new one they sent me after I e-mailed them:

Departure: 06:20 Humberside, United Kingdom - Humberside Arrival: 08:35 Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol

Airline: Northwest Airlines NW8796

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 confirmed Departure: 10:20 Amsterdam, Netherlands - Schiphol Arrival: 12:40 Minneapolis, USA - St Paul International , terminal L

Airline: Northwest Airlines NW241

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 confirmed Departure: 14:45 Minneapolis, USA - St Paul International , terminal L Arrival: 16:18 Las Vegas, USA - McCarran International , terminal 1

Airline: Northwest Airlines NW2134

Hope all this helps.

Thanks again,

Smoore102

Hi,

Could you send me your booking number (ticket number or locator) PM me with that one!!

I have just spoken to NW/KLM, the 0620 from HUY (Humberside) is via Minneapolis, she can't see that the Detroit connection ever existed. If you want to go via Detroit, you need to 1045 flight out of Humberside.

Now thats where it gets tricky. Depending on the rules on your ticket (which is why I will need your ref) you may be able to change, but if its a standard low fare economy ticket with no changes permitted, you've had it. Unless you can get Flex to stand the charge because they have by the sounds of it cocked up spectacularly!

The number for NW/KLM I called was 0871 231 0000, the girls name was Roxanne (lovely lady) just incase you want to do your own digging. But gefore I can help you any more, I will need all the ref numbers that Flex have given to you to see what has happened down the line and to see if there is any chance of it being changed.

Heidi :)

• Haha 1

I am not a legal expert, any advice I give is based purley on experience or opinion.

Hi,

Right, are you sitting comfortably?

NW/KLM state that Flex booked you via Detroit originally, and then THEY (as in Flex) changed your flight via Min before ticketing. Why I dont know, but NW say thet never made any changes, and that the original flight is still available, you dont need to change to the 1045 flight.

Now, you have a reasonable flexible ticket. You can change for a fee of £75.00 per ticket. Here's waht I suggest you do:

Call Flex and explain all above, that they changed the flight, not you and you want it changing back, NW/KLM will change it for a fee of £75 per ticket, which you expect them to pay since it was them that changed the flight... not forgetting to mention they failed to inform you of the change.

Give that a try first of all and see how you get on. Let me know how it goes... I could try and speak to them on your behalf if they will not entertain what you say but you will need to give them permission to speak with me as a third party (data protection and all that!)

Good luck :D

Basically it will cost Flex £150 to change the ticket, I think thats fair under the circumstances , if you have not ordered the change and you have invoices stating the flight was via Detroit, I think you have a very strong case :)

Oh thats feels better lol

Heidi

Hi all,

Well, I called Thomas Cook today. It took a lot of wrangling and being put on hold, but I won. They have now changed the flights back.

Thank you again Heidi. If there is anything I can help with, please let me know.

Smoore102

Well done you!!

Its been my pleasure :)

Heidi:p