Re: Ruthbridge

mrsjennyg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me. My aunt is 72 and received a letter from Ruthbridge in September, a couple of months after my uncle died stating she owen them over £13,000.00. She got such a fright she called them and they advised her it was due to a debt from 18 years ago. They then questioned her as to how much she could pay even though she said she did not remember any such debt. As she only has her pension the person on the phone told her she would not be able to pay it. After coming on to this forum I sent a request for a copy of the original credit agreement with a cheque for £1 and stated I did not acknowledge the debt and sent it recorded. They cashed the cheque but never replied to the letter. They kept sending letters demanding the money and in October stated they would take half the amount. I requested in the first letter hat no contact was to be made by phone but they have ignored this although she has saved all the messages on her mobile. I sent them another letter on 1st November again requesting a copy of the agreement but also mentioned the debt was statute barred. Still no reply to any letters send but they are still calling her and they called her at 7.20pm last night saying she has one last chance to contact them or they will send a representative round to her house. Anybody any suggestions what to do next.

Hi and welcome to the CAG

first thing is to send the phone harrasment letter, secondly is to report them to Trading standards and the OFT, third is to write a strongly worded letter laying out what you have done to date and that no response within 7 days will nessecitate further action by you, also include in the letter that this debt until proven otherwise is stat barred and any further attempts to collect or attempt collection on it is deemed unlawful.

these **** have no morals

• Haha 1

Ruthbridge are well known for chasing debts that are statute barred i.e either there is a payment gap of at least 6 years (5 in Scotland) where no money has been paid (even if you have paid recently) or if you have not paid anything towards the debt in the last 6 years.....once you state that you have no intention of paying towards a debt that is statute barred then they have to stop harrassing you - The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

I would be very very inclined to contact the police (not 999) about this.

I know it is Ruthbridge and we have all heard of the name, and we know they are a DCA, but, IMHO given her age and death of her husband, vulnerability etc this reeks of deception let alone the normal DCA greed.

A quick complaint to the Local Police Station, mentioning the Harassment via phone, the vulnerability of the Aunt, given the contributing factors ie Age, Death of her husband, the level of money trying to be extorted from her, I am pretty confident they will jump on them, one phone call from the Police asking why they are trying to get £13,000 from an elderly woman who has just lost her husband and why are they harassing her.

I just don't like it, not one bit, I am extremely suspicious of this:-x (another hour and I shall have a drink!)

There are also other organisations you can make a formal complaint too, but these all take time, and I think speaking with the Police will put a quicker end to these despicable retches.

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Consumer Direct

Trading Standards Institute - Home page

How to Complain

Financial Ombudsman Service

BBC - Watchdog - - Got a story

Let us know how you get on...Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The police have, to my knowledge, contacted Ruthbish and officers told them to lay off an elderly and vulnerable person. It had very little effect so you may have to be a little firmer with your local plod. Be persistent and with th help of this forum you can get this excuse of a company off your back.

I know it is Ruthbridge and we have all heard of the name, and we know they are a DCA, but, IMHO given her age and death of her husband, vulnerability etc this reeks of deception let alone the normal DCA greed.

About on par with some toerag trying to charge her for non-existent repairs on the roof I would say.

David

Ruthbridge are the lowest form of **** on this earth....If it were me I'd be contacting the national press...Debt obviously Statute Barred, obvious harassment...obvious breaking of all of the OFT debt guidelines...Sheesh, and there's me thinking they couldn't stoop any lower...

Grab this chance by the gonads and get the book thrown at the pond **** low life .... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Just hate every DCA out there

JESUS!!!!!!

One phone call (recorded-guchi truecall!)

And I have the name and address of the person they are trying to contact!

Talk about Data Protection, and the lack of implementing it!

I am quite taken aback with what I should now do with the recording and the information I have gleaned:eek:

Maybe the ICO would like to listen to the call??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

In fact wait a minute?? How dumb am I?? Don't answer that....cab1ne PM me, If your initials are DF, I have the first line of your address, now do you live near a train station?

If you can tell me on your address whether it states, Street, road, terrace, etc then I will confirm what number, and your full name and then send you the recording.

Boo;)

In fact wait a minute?? How dumb am I?? Don't answer that....cab1ne PM me, If your initials are DF, "yep" I have the first line of your address, now do you live near a train station? "ish"

If you can tell me on your address whether it states, Street, road, terrace, etc "avenue" then I will confirm what number, and your full name and then send you the recording.:eek:

Boo;)

hi boo

"is this what i think it is":eek:

cant PM you, your PM must be switched off "are you local to me" PM me your mobile/phone No. i WILL call you, or PM me some way of contacting you and i shall give you my mobile/phone No.

cab