Removal Of 3yr Old Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Ive just applied for another mortgage and have been declined due to credit scoring i have a default on my credit file that is 3 years old with robinson way that is satisfied for £707 now i have another mortgage which i got last year and the default was not on my file it only got put on this year bearing in mind it was 3yrs since i defaulted, also im not on the electrol roll which my mortgage broker does not seem to think is an issue but ive read on many internet pages that banks will not lend if your not on the electrol roll?

Thanks J

Hi, the electoral roll registration does IMHO count for quite a lot especially these days. If this is just an oversight you could try and prove your length of time at your present address.

You most definitely need to contest the default having only just appeared on your credit file, however, the fact that it was satisfied 3 years ago, does not count for much these days and would still count against you.

well i moved away from my address i was at for 13years but am now back there and will be back on the electrol roll at that address again plus all my bank statements and payslips go there.how do i go about contesting the default?is it a case of ive got to live with it and wait another 3years before it is removed??

Thanks J

Who was the original creditor?

It certainly is very unfair that a default can be put on your file and that it only runs from the date of the default entry and not from the date of the debt. We have lots of this kind of thing happening.

I have seen somewhere that guidance on defaults says that they should refer to the date of the debt default and not the date of the entry.

RW could easli decide to pass the debt on to another DCA who would then default you again. You could easliy have multiple overlapping defaults which continue on for 10 or more years. This does happen and people have reported it on the forum.

One interesting has cropped up recently is that Robinson Way were recently challenged in court in respect of a default which they had placed concerning a debt which they had bought.

The basis of the challenge is that they had no authority to enter a default on their own behalf. the idea was that when the OC sold them the debt, they did not also sell the consent to share data with third parties.

this was not the only basis for the challenge. It was one of them.

In the end RW declined to go to court on the issue preferring to agree to remove the default and to pay costs as well as the figure asked by way of compensation in the application.