DVLA Claiming not received log book.

alymac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dvla are claiming they never received my v5 after i sold my car,end aug 2009

i sent it back in early September 2009 and received letter(v712/1) back on the 7th sept that someone had applied for the v5, i believe this to be response to me sending the log book back, i took no action as it states that it will issue new v5 to new keep in 14 days.

received (v955) letter 21st sep stateing that i was no longer the register keeper.

received letter that i failed to notify of disposal of vehicle and received a fine of £55 or £35 if paid early. i never took action as i believed i was in the right and had for filled my duty on sending back log book,

received final opportunity to pay find or goes to court on th 3rd nov

going to challenge this all the way and any help very welcome!

HALIFAX - £603.27 *WON*

HALIFAX CC - £245 *WON*

NatWest CC - £400 *won*

BARCLYCARD -£84 REFUND claim #6qz54472

YORKSHIRE 1 BANK £472.56 claim # 6qz53180

YORKSHIRE II £1373.37 moneyclaim

LETTING AGENT £200 REFUNDED

MISSES NATIONWIDE £764 *WON*

MISSES TOP SHOP GE CAPITAL*WON*

rbs £81*won*

total so far £4138.56

No problem. Your ONLY legal duty is to send the V5c to DVLA by post or in person to one of their regional offices. You sent it by post, so let them take you to court.

In court you simply swear on oath that you did send it and you win the case, plus costs.

Two thoughts. Had the new RK not contacted to to query his replacement V5C? It seems very strange that after signing the form and you posting it on, they then pay the DVLA for another V5C when they can get it for free.

If DVLA have lost the V5C sent by the OP, they would not have sent the new owner their V5C. It would appear from the first post that they applied for their own V5C, DVLA sent the OP form V712/1, getting no reply they changed the details of the registered keeper and sent the new owner their V5C, not a duplicate.