Grounds to Set Aside Charging Order???

mac2lrk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I could do with some help..

My husband and I are divorcing. He has a CCJ and now a charging order against the property which is joint owned although he doesn't live there anymore. He was unable to attend the CCJ redetermination hearing as he is a merchant seaman and was away at sea. He sent the court a statement explaining this with documentation from his Captain. Incasso's claim was dismissed but the judge gave permission for them to apply for charging order.

The charging order was approved basically because of the length of time it would take to pay back the CCJ ( 15 years). I also sent an objection to the court stating mercantile credit case as my husband has not defaulted on the CCJ.

The judge also said that if my ex had appeared at the redetermination hearing, then he would not have given Incasso permission to apply for a charging order.

Are these valid grounds to have this set aside?

If your husband can show that he didn't receive the Court papers due to the nature of his work, then yes, it would be a good starting point.

However, he personally, would have to apply for the set aside.

Have look at the links below-

Setting Aside a CCJ -

A Guide To Setting Aside CCJ's You Never Received

CCJ removal inc. step by step guide

Applying for a Set-aside

Please keep all the info to this thread as starting new threads will disperse any advice given. ;-)

Edited by supasnooper