Sky contract problems ...please help

Rossiq123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I signed up with sky in may 2009 with the sky hd tv and phone line and broadband package. I had numerous issues with Sky over the coming months and in October I moved home. They said they would install my tv in the first week and then call me to arrange the installation of the phone and broadband. A week after they installed the sky hd they called me to say they could not install my phone and broadband for 3 MONTHS as they had installed a new patch on their system several weeks ago and this had messed up the system.

I wasn't happy as I would have waited till after xmas for these services and I am a heavy internet user due to work and the phone line was just for my mother who would be alone at home while I was at work. They cancelled my phone line and broadband at my old address and cancelled these services altogether which is what I wanted.

When they told me they could not connect me the Sky advisor did say that they are in breach of contract as they are only able to supply me for 1 of my services and not 3 and he instructed me to write a cancelation letter to them.

I did this and sent it recorded delivery and about a week later I got a very ignorant response in the form of a template letter which basically tole me I was still within my 12 mionths on the sky hd and would have to pay the rest if I cancelled and they would not cancel. I rang their cancelation department up today and the advisor said the same thing and I pointed out all the issues I had with sky since joining and all this seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

They said that even thought they could not provide me with my phone and broadband now they still could've in 3months time and that I still have Sky tv which is unaffected. But I did sign up for a package. I have since gone with another comaony for my phone and broadband and am now paying £60 a month for a sky tv and virgin phone and broadband. Double of what i was paying to sky for all three. What can I do and are they in breach of contract?

Pleaser can someone advise as Sky are being stubborn as usual. Thank you.

Unfortunatley it was a sky subscription contract you agreed to for the 12 months and the phone and bb are add ons.

You have 30 days in which to cancel so if yoy wrote to cancel when you said you did which was a week after install then I don't see how they did not cancel it. If you have got the timeline worng and that you requested to cancel after 30 days from install then it will be the minimum 12 month term.

Can you clarify your install date and when you sent the cancellation letter?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)