First Direct or Metropolitan Collection Services

vusys1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had an ongoing dispute with FD due to loan & CC,agreed reduced payments,but due to an error on their part interest was incorrectly calculated,which they sorted.

But from what i can remember,they passed on to their in house collection Metropolitan (i say in house,when they are based in the Phillipines).

Dont remember getting any warning letter,just the 1st letter from Metro,saying pay full amount in 7 days or we will instruct solicitors. In a panic i called them,they said full amount or they will put a charge on the house,they then said how much can you afford,etc I plucked a figure out of the air as they were pushing.

Since then I have decided to take a look back see if FD have acted correctly.

Who do I CCA or DSAR FD or MCS? would like to hear that call again the woman was really arrogant & pushy.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Do not contact Metropolitan or First Direct by telephone they will simply spout Bull $H!7, a SAR should be sent to First Direct.

• 2 years later...

I have today received a letter from First Direct stating that they are now transferring my account to MCS for collection, despite paying FD £30 per month, Does anyone know if FD are selling this debt? as I have been told that if they do I should not pay MCS as I have not got an agreement with them and by paying them " A CONTRACT IS THEN IMPLIED" any advice please

• 2 months later...

now received a letter from MCS asking for the £30 per month I was paying to FIRST DIRECT, do I continue to pay this to THEM or do I refuse to acknowledge them, or offer them less, I believe that payments will be interest free, but unsure if MCS have purchased the debt,

Any advice please

Hi,

As far as I know MCS are First Directs 'In House' collections, same people different desk.

stalagtite, whats the story with this debt.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert