MASSIVE result against Lowell

hulldebtor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, have read up for a couple of hours on statute barred, but still confused, could anyone clarify the below for me please?

• If we last paid in May 2003, but have not responded to them since, does that qualify even though they have written to us sporadically requesting payment?(as stated, we have not responded)
  • If i send them a CCA and the other template (to find out what they hold under the DPA) does that constitute me contacting them and negate my argument under 'statute barred'?

Any advice as to what my opening gambit would be in a case like this would be gratefully received

Many thanks

thank you, this sounds promising, may i ask if the amount it is for has any bearing on the matter?

it is for £10000 and was for a credit card, hope this does not impede this, the bank offered my wife a credit card, we said yes, although they knew she was a part time worker on £280 per month they gave her a £10k limit, i came out of work a short while later and we had to use it for everything

I am always willing to pay back money i have borrowed, but the interest alone was ~£170 per month and we could only pay £45, so the balance grew and grew, thats where my reservations about paying a large proportion of it kick in

The amount does not matter. It is statute barred end off. You will probably get letters saying moral Obligation to pay, or they will try to say you made a payment inside the 6 years. Or claming sb is not relevent and trying to hoodwink you with jargon.

Edited by dcakiller

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

cca'd Lowell, they have responded and said they are looking into it but it will take more than the statutory 12 days as they will have to contact the original lender.

No problems with it per se, just wondered if this was normal, acceptable practice please?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi CCA'd Lowell and statute barred letter 12 working days ago, they mailed today to state their client, (original bank) is recalling the detains from archive.

As they have not ignored is this all above board please, or do they only have 12+2 working days to acknowledge?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Just had letter from Lowell admitting their client has no trace in archive or anywhere else of a £10k alleged debt i statute barred letter'ed them about some months ago, this is after many mails stating 'we havent forgot about it, just getting proof from our clients'

I feel elated re this, they state they will never be contacting us re this again and the matter is closed.

Does this mean though that this will be periodically resurrected by DCA's on the food chain, who will have to be 'seen off' in a similar manner?

Either way, before i found CAG i would have probably just accepted and paid them a nominal amount for the rest of my life, so very happy

Thank you, there is 100% guaranteed a donation coming from me to this site on my next payday, nice one CAG and the helpful CAGGERS!

Does this mean though that this will be periodically resurrected by DCA's on the food chain, who will have to be 'seen off' in a similar manner?

More than likely, hulldebtor :rolleyes:

Great result anyway, good stuff :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert