Quick question

nat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Should the SAR from Barclays include copies of statements, because I can't make head nor tail of the one I have just received??? It seems to have pages and pages of just personal info and then a load of random figures but no actual amounts and dates. The figures I do have don't add up to the account balance. Any help would be appreciated xx

yes this is a ploy from barclays they do this deliberately just to confound you...

you need to write back to them stating that this is in unintelligable format and you do not understand could they please supply you with the account in a different format ie bank account statements to be in running order from date you first entered and the correct balances and totals...to date the account is still in dispute as they have not satisfied your request remind them that time is still running and soon they will be in breach of your SAR

hope this helps

patrickq1

• Haha 1

yes this is a ploy from barclays they do this deliberately just to confound you...

you need to write back to them stating that this is in unintelligable format and you do not understand could they please supply you with the account in a different format ie bank account statements to be in running order from date you first entered and the correct balances and totals...to date the account is still in dispute as they have not satisfied your request remind them that time is still running and soon they will be in breach of your SAR

hope this helps

patrickq1

That is very helpful, thanks. I will get a letter sent to them later today.

Edited by nat
I can't spell lol

• 6 months later...

Update: I sent them a letter requesting the missing info and they replied with "thank you for your letter, we will look into it and update you as soon as possible blah blah blah" then on the 6th may I received a letter basically saying they have concluded their investigations and have not upheld my complaint?????

But I didn't complain, I asked for copies of my statements so I could see when I had been charged.

The charges have happened because when they moved from being woolwich to Barclays they stopped sending statements for this account and as I thought I had nothing in it, I didnt persue it.

Then a few months ago they sudddenly stareted sending me statements telling me I was nearly £200 overdrawn and letters demanding the money back.

They have now passed it onto a debt collectors (inhouse i think) and wont stop sending letters even though I have told them the account is in dispute.

Barclays are saying that the account is no longer in dispute because they have concluded their investigation????

Confused? I know I am!!

SEND IN AGAIN ANOTHER sar THIS TIME STATE SPECIFICLY THAT THE DATA THEY HAVE SENT IS UNINTELLIGBLE AND AS FAR AS YOU ARE CONCERNED THIS ACCOUNT IS A FICTICIOUS ACCOUNT AS THIS ACCOUNT SHOULD BE SHOWING A NIL BALANCE SO YOU REALLY NEED THEM TO RESPOND TO WHERE AND HOW THEY HAVE ARRIVED AT THE CHARGES..AND IN DISPUTE YOU SHALL NOW FROWARD A COMPLAINT AGAINST THEM TO THE ICO..NOW DO SEND THE COMPLAINT TO THE ICO EPLAINING YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND THE DATA SENT BECAUSE IT IS UNINTELLIBLE AND YOU HAVE ASKED POLITELY THAT BARCLYS SEND INFORMATION YOU CAN UNDERSTAND BECAUSE IT SEEMS THEY HAVE MADE UP A SET OF FICTICIOUS ACCOUNTS FROM AN OLD WOOLICH ACCOUNT THAT YOU HAD PRESUMED DORMANT AND EMPTY NOW YOU ARE BEING ASKED FOR 200 POUNDS...ALSO SEND A SIMMALLAR COPY TO THE FOS AND FSA YOU WILL FIND THE ADDRESSES IN THE INFORMATION SECTOR A DUMMIES GUIDE OK ...KEEP US POSTED NAT..

PATRICKQ1

in this letter write along the top I DO NOT AKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT

Edited by patrickq1

Ok, so now another letter has arrived basically saying that the information requested is either not in existence or unavailable under the SAR???

But they are still charging me every month on this overdraft that I didn't even know existed.

This is what the OFT say...................... .......

A debt is considered Statute Barred if a creditor has not contacted a debtor for a period of 6 yearslink3.gif and no action has been taken on the account.

Although the debt is still legally acknowledged as being owed, the creditor is not able to take any legal action against the debtor in order to recover the debt. It is considered unfair if a creditor or debt collectorlink3.gif misleads the debtor into believing the debt is still legally recoverable. It is also considered an Unfair practicelink3.gif if the creditor or debt collector press for payment after the debtor has stated they will not be paying the money owed. This could amount to harassment contrary to Section 40(1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

If Barclays have supplied data that's not readily understandable, they must supply it in a format that is.

That doesn't mean they have to supply copy statements.

Write to Barclays again if you want.

But complain to the ICO enclosing a copy of Barclay's last letter and a sample of the data they supplied. Ask the ICO to help by getting Barclays to supply your data in a format which you can decipher.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)